1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

DSM February Meeting

Discussion in 'Des Moines & Ames Region' started by Fence13, Feb 13, 2015.

1. Fence13 Experienced Reefkeeper

Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +300 / 1 / -0

The DSM Region will be hosting a fragging demo for our February Meeting.

Date: Saturday Feb 28th

Time: 11am - 1pm

5278 NE 14th St

Des Moines, IA 50313

We will be providing a coral that we can use to demonstrate how to frag and then members will be able to purchase those frags at a heavily discounted price. /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif There will also be a small raffle for some fragging supplies and coral dip!

Please post below if you plan to attend so I can get a head count. Also if you have a coral that you want to frag, please let me know as I'd like to have a nice variety of coral types if possible.

SPS:

LPS:

Soft Coral:

Zoas:

Disclaimer: We want this meeting to be informational to both new and old members; if you would like to buy a coral frag from a member who has volunteered their piece for the demonstration, please wait until after the meeting to ask if you can buy it. Thank you in advance.

2. violet21chewy Well-Known ReefKeeper

Des Moines area
    Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    I will be there.

I would like to see corals that can be fragged with a band saw like any of the non branchy lps's. I just don't get how that can be done since you are cutting into the tissue. I get it is done all the time but would like to see in person/DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/smile.gif

Also since most of us don't have band saws, can someone demo using a dremel?

Thanks!

3. Dave Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Des Moines Area
    Ratings:
    +450 / 1 / -0
    I am planning to attend.

4. Armydog

Armydog Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +738 / 8 / -0
    Eh i wont be able to make it i have to be at 4paws that day someone is having a meeting there /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/wink.gif ill bring and acan colony to frag

5. stew Well-Known ReefKeeper GIRS Member

Ankeny, IA
    Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    I plan to be there and will try to bring a blasto and an acan.
    +1 on a demo using a dremel.

6. Fence13 Experienced Reefkeeper

Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +300 / 1 / -0
    Just a reminder for this Saturday. Also if anyone has any other coral they would like to bring for demonstration purposes, please do! Zoas or other non-acan hard corals would be nice to see /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/smile.gif

7. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Chris I have the frag plugs and dip but I can't make it, can someone pick them up? If not I may be able to drop them off at least

8. Nik Experienced Reefkeeper

Windsor Heights
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I can Bud.

9. wouldtick Well-Known ReefKeeper

waukee
    Ratings:
    +85 / 3 / -0
    Ill be coming.

10. violet21chewy Well-Known ReefKeeper

Des Moines area
    Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    Event was fun! Thanks to those that planned and hosted! Thanks to Donny and Stew for sharing their frags!