1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

DSM Area Reefs2Go order

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by Bela, Sep 25, 2010.

1. JohnL

JohnL Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I didn't get a good look at the Mandarin I ordered until tonight and he looks like he's been starved of food for quite some time, It doesn't have a belly it has a sunken in cave where the stomach should be. I put it in a sectioned off area of an 80 gallon sump so there is plenty for it to eat and he is eating so I'll just have to cross my fingers and hope he makes it.

The other issue I have is with my Razzberry Creme Zoanthids, Supposed to be 5 polyps but there is only one that opens the others aren't mature enough to open or haven't been kept under strong enough lighting and were about to die off. There are about 7-8 little bumps instead of full grown polyps.

I have ordered both fish and corals from them a couple times before without many issues.

2. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0
    Hey Trevor - can you make a copy of the packing slip for me - and email it to me at beckerj3@yahoo.com ???  My zoa is a sorry specimen.  There are 4 polyps on a piece of frag rock - 3 polyps together and the other one and inch away.  Looks like they extracted polyps for a frag plug and then found a few polyps left scattered on the rock.  I'm going to ask for a refund.
    Bela - I do appreciate all your work on this though!!!!

3. JohnL

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Posted By beckerj3 on 10/02/2010 01:49 PM
    Hey Trevor - can you make a copy of the packing slip for me - and email it to me at beckerj3@yahoo.com ???  My zoa is a sorry specimen.  There are 4 polyps on a piece of frag rock - 3 polyps together and the other one and inch away.  Looks like they extracted polyps for a frag plug and then found a few polyps left scattered on the rock.  I'm going to ask for a refund.
    Bela - I do appreciate all your work on this though!!!!
    I don't know if  they will issue a refund unless something doesn't ship at all. They always gave me credit on future purchases.

4. Trevor0015

Trevor0015 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You can just have it.. I have no use for it so if you wanted to meet up I could get it for you.

Trevor

5. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0
    Well if they only give you credit, that kind of s...... 
    Trevor - where are you located?  I'm in West Des Moines

6. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    We did have those two cleaner shrimps that didn't ship. If there are multiple items that we had problems with, I can message them. If I recall correctly, we actually had two people dissatisfied with their zoos orders. If you want to PM or email me some pics, I can get those out to them Monday (I actually find trying to speak to a live person works best calling firs thing in the morning on a Monday). If you do want me to work it out (I have no problem doing that), PLEASE do send me the pics and a quick description just to make my life a little easier. Since there are multiple items, I might at least be able to get multiple credit codes for us. FWIW they do make it clear that all they do is give credit towards your next purchase on any 14 day arrive alive stuff.

7. Trevor0015

Trevor0015 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm in Ames.

Trevor

8. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0
    Bela - I'll get a picture to you tomorrow.  Can I email it to your gmail.com address???
    As far as the refund vs credit goes - you are 100% correct - my shortsightedness in not looking.
    Thanks for doing this.  I appreciate it!!!

9. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That email is the one!
    As far as the credit thing, I didn't mean for it to sound as harsh as it probably did. I just meant to say that this is a standard policy of theirs and hope that people don't feel like they are trying to rip us off (not you per se, but everyone reading this now and in the future).

10. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0
    No offense taken!!!  I didn't take your posting about the policy as harsh - though I suppose someone could have - you were simply stating the facts!   Now, the other part of their policy is that the DOA (or I suppose in this case questionable specimen) is supposed to be photographed WITH the packing slip.  Do they actually require this - or are separate photos of the the specimen and packing slip ok ???  What do you think??

11. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I haven;t gotten any pics or anything from anyone. They haven;t gotten back to me about credit towards the items that haven't shipped. I would like to call them tomorrow morning (since that has been the best time IME to reach them) and talk, but would love to have ALL information about our order rather than bits and pieces if at all possible.

Thanks guys!

Bela

12. JohnL

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I'm not going to worry about my Zoo frag and the Mandarin is still alive so I'm good for now.

13. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0
    I moved the zoa up high in my tank yesterday evening.  This morning when the actinics came on, I could make out one more polyp.  So, technically there are 5 polyps (which is what they advertise) - one group of 4 polyps (of which one is a very small polyp) and one additional polyp about an inch away facing downward.  Its still a pretty undesirable frag, as you don't see all 5 polyps well  (they don't all face up the same direction)  - but unfortunately, I probably can't claim anything on it.  What ya think??  I hate to have you do more work on this - after what you've already done in organizing the buy.  So, maybe I'll just send them an email to express my dissatisfaction - and see what their response is.  They've got some good testimonials listed - but I don't see any way that someone can add one on their own.  ??????  If you are calling them, to try to get some action on the missing items though, if appropriate, feel free to use the input on my frag.
    Thanks - Jeanette

14. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Jeannette,
    Look up the item you purchased on the reefs2go website. Right under the orange "add to cart" button there should be a gray "write a review" button to the left of the "tell a friend" and "print this page" buttons. You can write your review for that specific item there. Hope that helps!

15. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0
    Thanks Bela!  I sent them a message this morning and I will wait to see how they reply before making a negative post on their site.