1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

DSM Area Reefs2Go order

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by Bela, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The discount will either be 10 or 20 percent I am sure. The online calculator is not working so I need to make the order over the phone (doing that right now). I am adding you to the order. You didn't order all that much. I can just take cash when you come by, or you can paypal me later. I just didn't want to take really large orders without being paid first /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif

2. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ok. We are go at 20% off. They messed with the numbers so its READS 5% but is actually giving 20%. Just wanted to let you all know. Working on putting the order in as we speak. It will ship WEDNESDAY for arrival on THURSDAY.

3. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0
    Bela - I'm sending funds now.

4. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Alright guys. The order has been placed.

Just a heads up... when checking out paypal had me pick my shipping address from a list of three (all were variants of the same address with the unit number written differently). Well, I picked one, and my invoice reads that the address is unconfirmed. I call reefs2go about it but only got a message. They most likely will still ship, but I just wanted to make sure they didn't have any such policy where they will not ship to unconfirmed addresses. I know one of the three is confirmed... not really sure why it is coming up as three different addresses for me. I don't necessarily anticipate issues, but I wanted to be upfront with everyone from the getgo!

5. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0
    Phyllis - Irishstock - if you could bring my order back to Des Moines also, that would be great!
    Thanks - Jeanette

6. IrishStock

IrishStock Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Will do.  /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif

7. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Since I am getting a few people asking, I figured I would post here. I was told that so long as everything is ok with the order, it should arrive Thursday 09/30/10. I should be getting a UPS confirmation email, which I have not received as of this posting. Will update here when I do. I am going to try for calling UPS as soon as I get that email because I would like to just have them leave it at their Ames location where I can pick up (hopefully save time and not force me to miss the full day of class).

Reefs2Go's online chat has been down all day, as far as I can tell. Wednesday's may be their busy shipping day though, so I wouldn't necessarily judge, but I have not been able to contact them. I also tried calling, but all I get is a message. I did leave a message regarding our order asking nicely if it would ship tomorrow since half a dozen people need to schedule around that fact. In case anyone wants to call, their number is 727 623 0914 and our order number is 2010-09-13168. The name on the order number is Bela M. Sziklassy, in case any of you decide you want to call and they require that info.

8. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Still nothing from reefs2go or UPS. What is the latest UPS ships out overnight? It is 1 hour ahead in FL, so I don't imagine we should have to wait too much longer to know if we will actually be getting this stuff in tomorrow or not.

9. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well I will be at wrok from 7pm-midnight. Will check emails when I get home and get to bed. For now, let's assume we aren't getting the shipment tomorrow? /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/sad.gif

10. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Alright guys. I was never able to get through but I got the UPS confirmation. It was scheduled to arrive at 10:30. I am having them hold it in the facility. I will be there to pick up first thing in the am at 8. From there I should be ready for people to pick stuff up by 12:30pm. Going to make sure the order went through properly and that everything arrived. Everyone should have my address. Please do let me know what time you plan to come by!

11. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The shipment has been picked up. Things are floating in the sump as I write this. Looks like very minimal mortalities, although it can be tough to judge with snails and crabs! The only items that DID NOT get shipped this order are the cleaner shrimps. We have been given credit for those that anyone can use. Unfortunately I think they were ordered by two sepparate people. I will have to double check. Working that out right now!

12. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am looking over numbers and it seems that, for the most part, we didn't get the BOGO offers on nearly anything. I am going to try and give them a call and see what is up.

13. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My apologies for this... it seems a LOT of the crabs are in 20 pack bags so I had like 5 bags. They only put their SKU on the bag so it's a bit tough to sort out. Everything is here (minus what they already stated would not be). Things look good, I am going to strt bagging individual things (mainly crabs and snails) based on everyone's orders. Everything will definitely be ready for pickup by 12:30!
    /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif

14. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0
    Hey Bela - please keep the packing slip.  Right now I've only got 3 polyps that I can see on my zoa frag.  I might have to follow-up with them on it - and their policy is that you have to have a copy of the packing slip.  Thanks!!!!!  The snails all look good.

15. Trevor0015

Trevor0015 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think I have package slip. I'll hold on to it for anyone who may need it.

Trevor

16. IrishStock

IrishStock Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You can copy the packing slip for anyone that needs it.

Thanks Bela for ordering and sorting everything. It's a lot of work and I appreciate it.

17. Matt

Matt Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    How did this order turn out, was the mortality rate pretty good.

18. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    We had one dead reeled hermit though we were given a couple extra. Everything else was alive and well. Personally I am happy we did this order. My only "complaint" was that they didn't split the maggots by name like they said they would so I ended up having to do it. Not a huge deal though!

19. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Lol!!!
    Maggots = baggies
    Sorry. Posting from my phone!

20. Matt

Matt Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Oh okay, I just wondered last time me and gered ordered it was a bad deal and lost alot.