1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

dragon wrasse

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by xroads, Oct 25, 2008.

1. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Hey all,
    Anyone ever had a dragon wrasse?  The old Emporium has had one in their display for a few years.  He knows I have admired it & was going to give it to me.
    Seems like a mixed review of them, just wondering if anyone had any personal experience.
    Thx
    Craig

2. glaspie69

glaspie69 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    If you get one whos tempered right and happy with it's home they ok, bad news is if they aren't happy they will move sand and rockwork until they are. I had a 3 inch wrasse move about 80% of my sand and over half my rock in a 40 breeder because it wasn't happy......But I will say this, they are super fun fish to watch and to have if they behave

3. IowaDiver Well-Known ReefKeeper

West Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    No personal experience and I don't know anyone who has, but like glaspie said it can have a tendency to move things. I know I had enough trouble just keeping my frags from being moved by the big snails in my tank.
    It's other common name is the Rock Mover Wrasse if that is any help in your decision. /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/wink.gif