1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Don`t you hate it when your coral gets TOO BIG??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Waverz, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    This colony was just a frag a year ago, now it has gotten so big it started growing out of the water, once it couldn't go up any farther it started to thicken up, it was pretty much blocking all the light to anything below it.  I saved a good chunk of it, but most of it is going in the prop tank, until i can find someone who wants it.  Hopefully i can get some other corals to grow that big now that it is out of the way.
    Here is a pic, Im surprised it came out all in one chunk, my tank looks a lot brighter on that side now, the corals that were below this monster are probably really happy to see it go.
    [​IMG]

2. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    LOL, I assume those funky tips are where the coral grew out of the water?

I haven't had any grow out of the water yet, but I have had them grow too close to the glass for my Mag-Float to get by them. The bigger problem that I'm having is the corals growing into eachother!

-JB

3. DavidM199

DavidM199 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i'll take a chuck of it

4. jwess

jwess

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Dido. I'll take some as well. If you can hold some for a little bit til I get my new tank and lights up.

5. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    No problem guys, i have a bunch of it in my prob tub, it will more than likely be pretty brown by the time you get it but it should bounce back in no time with a little TLC.

6. Luukosian

Luukosian

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

If your willing to ship some of it I'll take some(live about 2.5 hours away).

7. ruggerkc Experienced Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

North Liberty , IA
    Ratings:
    +183 / 3 / -0
    Jeremy what is it?

8. dzabler

dzabler Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    how much did you leave in the tank... i would like to see what the tank looks like now