1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

does anyone have weights they dont use?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Guest, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    im trying to find some weights ( be it a bench and weights and the bar or just dumbbells) for cheap or free within a reasonable distance of waterloo
    also would be interested in a stationary bike or simliar equipment.
    thanks folks
    -ben

2. seanndenise1

seanndenise1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    just skip the weights and go straight to a pool table, i have one for sale.

you can take up smoking and drinking right in your own basement, while becoming the best pool shooter in america.
    and when the pool table stops getting used like the weight set would have, it doubles as a laundry table for the wife.
    /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    man, i thought i was going to come here and see like something i could use...

the basement at this house is no where near big enough for a pool table (it woulda been before all the rooms were put in)

4. seanndenise1

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By heartben on 01/21/2008 9:38 AM
    man, i thought i was going to come here and see like something i could use...

the basement at this house is no where near big enough for a pool table (it woulda been before all the rooms were put in)

youve seen the shape everyone is in, in this club, you dont really think anyone has lifted anything more than a 12 ouncer their entire lives right?.
    theres a few weight sets on here.
    http://qconlineauction.com/site/view_cat.php?v=319&p=1

5. IowaDiver Well-Known ReefKeeper

West Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I used to lift weights on a regular basis until I became married. After that happens, you can let yourself go. What other reason is there to lift weights? /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/wink.gif

Sorry, no weights, I used the company gym.

6. got2lb Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clarksville, IA
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Posted By seanndenise1 on 01/21/2008 6:10 AM
    just skip the weights and go straight to a pool table, i have one for sale.

you can take up smoking and drinking right in your own basement, while becoming the best pool shooter in america.
    and when the pool table stops getting used like the weight set would have, it doubles as a laundry table for the wife.
    /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif
    If you seriously have a pool table for sale my step dad is in the market for one.  You have any pics of it, brand, price, etc...

7. seanndenise1

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yeah i really do have one, tell him its a 1966 brunswich 8' 3-piece 1 inch slate table.

he would have to refelt the tabletop, and possibley the rails, depending on his wants.

felt for it is about 150.00 and unless you do it yourself which is pretty easy, will cost you another 200.00.

i also have a good condition, icehouse table light that goes with it, and original ivory balls. cant get those any more.

i would gladly let it go for a couple hundred bucks.

now, if your father in law did a little research, he will find out that he can buy a new one installed at his house for a few hundred dollars more that what he can set mine up for. LOL.

yeah i have one for sale but its not very economical to buy it.
    did you look at the link i gave you with the weight bench and weights?

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i just checked the thread again, but im going to check the link out. thanks. hope your pool table sales.

9. acidlittle

Beaverdale
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I have a golds gym bench press, curl bar with plenty of weights in ames if your interested