1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

DM Midwest Frags Group buy postponed

Discussion in 'Des Moines & Ames Region' started by snowman82, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Matt

Matt Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I just talked to gered, but forgot to ask. I would guess he will be one eventually before we go to work tonight, but if not ill throw the idea around with him at work.

2. snowman82

snowman82 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    anywhere in DM is easiest for me

3. FlyingMoray Experienced Reefkeeper

Minburn, IA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Okay cool! Well we would just need to setup a meeting time and place then. If Menards worked for everybody we could just meet there and people could leave their cars there.

4. snowman82

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i'm game for that, let call it 12:30?

5. Matt

Matt Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sounds good, only thing is there is a 40% chance of snow so I would guess this trip is weather premitting.

6. FlyingMoray Experienced Reefkeeper

Minburn, IA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah sounds good to me as well. Yeah, I think we'll have to play it by ear but if it does snow, we aren't supposed to get much. My number so everyone has it is 515-419-1183

Thanks,
    Joe

7. Rustin

Rustin Inactive User GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Good luck weather doesn't look the best on sunday!

8. Rustin

Rustin Inactive User GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    5 inches of snow for central Iowa sunday sounds like it will be even worse south here with freezing rain possible. Good luck with all that!

9. snowman82

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i just heard it wasn't spose to do anything till monday??? damn midwest weather!!!

10. ninjazx777 Experienced Reefkeeper

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    my zoas and favia look good but my hawkins and the freebies didn't make it. i emailed them and sent a pic and it sounds like there going to replace it on the next order but if we all are getting some replacements maybe they well reship but i would suggest waiting till it warms up or if someone does make a road trip maybe they could pick them up for everyone.

11. snowman82

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    we are hopefully going to make it down sunday and will be able to pick it all up for those that need something and have already been dealing with midwest.

12. John50

John50 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just a word, I wouldn't get your hopes too high unless this next system is slow to move in on Sunday. When it hits it is going to be bad. NWS latest predictions now put about 8-10 inches of snow in central Iowa and it is coming from the south so southern Iowa will be first to be bad. Just a friendly word of caution. Hope it works out for you though!

13. snowman82

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    thats bull....haha i wish more little kids lived by me so i can have them shovel my driveway...

14. Gered

Gered Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I can bring a skidloader down from work but it will cost ya /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/wink.gif If it does what it is supposed to sounds like this Sunday will be a no go! Maybe next Sunday? Anyway back to bed....put in a little over 12 hours last night.

15. mnvikes

mnvikes Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By ninjazx777 on 02/19/2010 08:01 PM
    my zoas and favia look good but my hawkins and the freebies didn't make it. i emailed them and sent a pic and it sounds like there going to replace it on the next order but if we all are getting some replacements maybe they well reship but i would suggest waiting till it warms up or if someone does make a road trip maybe they could pick them up for everyone.
    aww crap did they have a policy on that? my mushroom melted already at least it was really cheap

16. MidWest Frags

MidWest Frags Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    OK Gents -- It's started snowing. They predicted rain-to-sleet-to-snow, but it has started out as snow. Light today turning heavy tomorrow.

mnvikes please email me with what you lost in the shipment.

customerservice@midwestfrags.com

17. Gered

Gered Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Ok you guys can not go without me...I am putting my foot down! haha If you end up going and I cant may need you to pick some stuff up for me long as no one takes my WYSIWYG stuff first

18. snowman82

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yeah its looking like we wont be making a trip this sunday...and i can always steal the neighbors skidloader....i just dont know them....

19. snowman82

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    well i'm atleast gunna say i wont be making the trip tom. not sure bout others. if you do go give me a call i'd like ya to pick a few things up. 641-891-6465

20. FlyingMoray Experienced Reefkeeper

Minburn, IA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, how does next sunday sound for everybody? I don't think its worth going down there then having to deal with the weather on the way back. Maybe if we left early this morning we could have made it.