1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

DM area group buy from Midwest Frags

Discussion in 'Des Moines & Ames Region' started by snowman82, Feb 2, 2010.

1. snowman82

snowman82 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i'm hoping it hits early too, thats BS! if you can't make it someone in the DM area will take your frags for ya. hopefully Joel will be there since he lives closer to you than most. I know Matt is only a few miles away but he will be working too haha

2. Matt

Matt Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well only thing I wondering is should we postpone shipping till next week or something. This weather could hurt shipping, and might turn into a bad situation? Just a thought, or see if Midwest frags could send it Wednesday?

3. snowman82

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    we'll wait and see how the weather looks monday. if we feel that shipping will pose and issue we can postpone till the next week i'm sure. I can make a trip up that next tuesday night.

4. Matt

Matt Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Okay. Just making a idea, I know that is a ton of money for something to happen.

5. Cybball

Cybball Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'll be happy to float frags for Gered if need be. I'm in Waukee, which isn't next door to Slater, but it's not that bad of a drive. This snow crap is making me want to move someplace else.

6. snowman82

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yeah i'm tired of the snow...oh yah jason i stopped by brians yesterday to pick up an anenome, and well ended up with the whole rock of them....anyone need one?

7. Gered

Gered Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    What color? Mine is supposed to be green but it looks red to me. So are we going to play this by ear on whether to ship or not? It sounds like the wind is going to be nasty on Tuesday but not sure how Wednesday will look. Personally I would like to play it safe for us and Midwest Frags. If it does not work we could road trip down and pick it up /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/wink.gif

8. snowman82

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yeah i couldnt road trip next weekend got plans already...if anyone else wanted to they are more than welcome haha it is only a 4 hour drive.

Mine are RBTA's i got 3 extra i want to trade them off since I got them by chance

9. Cybball

Cybball Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Cool on the RTBAs. He called and said he got some neat stuff from you too. He's giving me a little chunk of a green cap you gave him. The anemones are cool and fun to have.

10. snowman82

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yeah but i dont want that many in my tank haha i took a chisel to the rock and broke it up. they are moving around now...guess they didn't like where i put them haha yah i gave him a pretty big piece of green cap and a huge red cap

11. Gered

Gered Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hey look at my new pictures in the picture area and let me know if they look different.

12. Rustin

Rustin Inactive User GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Our meeting has been postponed. Do we want to delay this due to weather. My vote would be yes. Are their certain days that you ship midwest? Im ok with waiting till next week. Its supposed to be -2 wed night so im not sure waiting one day will work.

13. snowman82

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    they said they would ship next wednesday for thursday delivery. I think we should go that route?

14. snowman82

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    actually i am making the call. we are going to delay the shipment till next week. I am waiting for a call back from Midwest to confirm the shipdate

15. Rustin

Rustin Inactive User GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am cool with that.