1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

DM area group buy from Midwest Frags

Discussion in 'Des Moines & Ames Region' started by snowman82, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Gered

Gered Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Just make it so they have to pick up at the meeting...then everyone will have to come /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/wink.gif

2. FlyingMoray Experienced Reefkeeper

Minburn, IA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I will be getting a couple things. Get the order to you tonight.

3. snowman82

snowman82 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    k this is what i just took off Craigs post for the CF/waterloo order. make sure to specify you want the DM group buy

"We would take the order directly from the individual. They would pay>> >> for the coral. I would accumulate the orders on an Excel spreadsheet,>> >> so that the person receiving the order would know what was coming.>> >> Then each frag container would be labeled for each person so there>> >> wouldn't be any confusion trying to figure out whose frag was whose.>> >> Basically we would take and handle all the orders separately, the only>> >> thing common would be the shipping address."

that was from MWF's

4. Gered

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    So need to e-mail him what I am wanting then pay him and it will get shipped to you?

5. snowman82

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yeah. i told him i would like to have the orders received Wednesday so everyone can pick up at the meeting.

6. Gered

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Ok well I emailed him

7. MidWest Frags

MidWest Frags Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Good morning,

I want to make sure this goes as smoothly as possible. We have done several group buys and everyone does them a little differently.

The first thing to do is establish a "point man" -- typically the organizing person which is also where the order is shipping to. In this case Snowman82.

The way we have had the most success is to have communication through email (customerservice@midwestfrags.com) with each individual about what you are interested in. You then decide on what you want to purchase and would pay us directly through Paypal. I can send a Paypal invoice if you need me to.

I will them accumulate the orders by individual on an Excel speadsheet and update Snowman82 every few days.

When we ship the order we will include the final spreadsheet then print each individual their own invoice. Each container will be labeled with the frag type and the individual owner.

Trust me -- we have butchered some multiple buys in the past and have found you can't be "too organized".

So if this is agreeable to Snowman82 this is the way I would like to proceed. If you wish to participate in this group buy, please email us your list and I will verify that we have in stock, then send you a total which you would pay to Paypal.

I will post this in the other group buy thread as well.

Please don't hesitate to ask questions,

Marvin

8. Cybball

Cybball Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My order has been placed.

9. FlyingMoray Experienced Reefkeeper

Minburn, IA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have placed my order.

10. MidWest Frags

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Des Moines is Over The Top !!!

Shipping is paid for this group order ... FlyingMoray's order put the Group Order over $250.00.

Thank you!

11. Gered

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Now aren't you glad you decided to be a sponsor /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif Just want to say thanks! Seems like you got things pretty well organized.

12. MidWest Frags

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By Gered on 02/04/2010 11:43 AM

Posted By MidWest Frags on 02/04/2010 11:27 AM
    Des Moines is Over The Top !!!
    Shipping is paid for this group order ... FlyingMoray's order put the Group Order over $250.00.
    Thank you!
    Now aren't you glad you decided to be a sponsor /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif Just want to say thanks! Seems like you got things pretty well organized. Yes we are !
    But Jobs not done yet .... and thank you!

13. Matt

Matt Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'll be putting an order in tonight. This has to be the most orginized group buy I have ever seen. When will be the last day to order if we want the stuff here for wensday?

14. Matt

Matt Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Email sent!, hopefully about another 50$ worth of stuff ordered.

15. snowman82

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    this seems to be going well /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif

16. MidWest Frags

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello Des Moines area - well done - Thank you!

We discussed the deadline for this group order to be Friday. Our ship day is Monday for Tuesday a.m. delivery.

We could take orders up to Sunday mid-day. The only problem with that is if someone ordered a zoa, paly, or lps that needed to be cut we wouldn't have enough time to frag and make sure the frag was healthy enough to make the trip. SPS would not apply because they are fresh cut. So the cutoff for items we need to frag will be tomorrow. If you want to place an order after Friday for Monday's shipment, the item would have to be chosen from our WYSIWYG or SPS section.

Please email me if you have questions.

Marvin

17. pwfish

pwfish Well-Known ReefKeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    I have a question, before I place an order. Once the order is shipped where and what time can we pick them up from snowman82.

18. Gered

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Sounds like if you come to the Des Moines area meeting next Wednesday you should be able to get them.

19. Cybball

Cybball Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If there is a Tuesday morning delivery, are things going to be in bags until the meeting on Wednesday night? Will they be ok for that long?

20. snowman82

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i can deliver tuesday afternoon. Didn't know it was a tuesday morning delivery. so we can arrange a pickup in DM tuesday if they will not last in bags till wed. I have plenty of room to float bags and keep up to temp, that is not an issue, if that will be the main concern for them living