1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

DIY section

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Deleted member 46, Nov 21, 2007.

1. Deleted member 46

Deleted member 46 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Here is probably the best mod I've done so far.  I have to credit my 6 year old.[​IMG] Also posted in QC tank tour.
    Well I got to say after the tour I have had serious skimmer envy.�[​IMG]So I showed my son a neddle wheel after work today and he said he new where to get one.  Off to Hy-Vee we went.[​IMG]  Here is my new custom mod and helper.[​IMG]  I had to valve it back some it was throwing to much out.  It is producing more micro bubbles and much smaller than my mesh mod.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    BTW It might be good to have a DIY and or an equipment section.

2. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    OK, but what is it? Is that the mod on your sons chin?? Is it a hair brush? Detail's Man. /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif

3. covey

covey

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Shoe polish brush?

Looks like a good NW.

4. Deleted member 46

Deleted member 46 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It's some brush we got at Hy'vee for cleaning dishes. Ended up cutting the outside two rows of tines out. Then cut out every other tine in each row. Cut off the pump impeller to my Rio2500. Drilled a hole through the brush and mounted with epoxy to the base of impeller. Ended up having to cut the tines down to around 1/4" to fit in the pump.