1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

DI Resin

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BigBlue, Dec 2, 2007.

1. BigBlue

BigBlue Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I was just wondering when I should change my DI resin. Right now I have 7 tds coming out of my ro/di.

2. slovan

slovan Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Now. /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif Didn't you just buy your DI unit a couple of weeks ago? My TDS after DI isn't anymore than 1 before I replace it. If your TDS is that high after DI, you may have problems before it that should be fixed. How efficient is your RO membrane? You need to know the incoming TDS to the unit and what it is after the membrane to figure it out. (A-B)/A. IIRC, anything under 96% efficiency should be replaced.

3. BigBlue

BigBlue Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    OK I will change my DI resin now then. I have had my DI hooked now for about a month or little more now.
    I'm going to order a new membrian hopefully this week some time.

4. slovan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If it's the RO membrane, then it's costing you more money. The high TDS water it is passing on is chewing up your DI faster than it should. Do you have a single or dual stage DI?

5. BigBlue

BigBlue Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have a single DI.

6. slovan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If the TDS of your incoming water is really high, then it wouldn't hurt to add a second DI chamber to make sure that you're getting 0 TDS water.