1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Desperately looking for help buying out tank...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Deleted member 120, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Deleted member 120

Deleted member 120 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I hate that it has come to this but after trying for a month to stay on top of my tank I am now left with no choice but to tear-down and sell off all coral and livestock.  I had hoped that it would not come to this.  You see, just over a month ago I was diagnosed with testicular cancer.  Two suregies later and now into my first of nine weeks of chemotherapy it has become clear I am slowly losing control of the tank and run the risk of killing everything soon.  I will post pictures but am really looking for people who can come to my house and buy stuff they see and want.  I live in Muscatine and am home every afternoon and evening (treatments are in the morning) and will make myself available as much as possible.  I have lots of LPF and some SPS and softies that must go.  All pricing will be agressive and reasonable.  Please PM me or call me at 563-506-5756 if you are interested.  Thanks...[​IMG]

2. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    If I had a tank I would be there for ya.

I hope everything works out for you.

Craig

3. Deleted member 120

Deleted member 120 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Here is a picture of some of he LPS I have.  Each large (25-20 head) branch is $20.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    GSP - $5
    [​IMG]
    Entire Microthalma - $15
    [​IMG]
    Finger leather - $10 per stalk
    [​IMG]
    Red Monti Cap - $25
    [​IMG]

4. Deleted member 120

Deleted member 120 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Polyp rock - $15
    [​IMG]

5. Deleted member 120

Deleted member 120 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My address is:
    1313 Hwy 22 E
    Muscatine IA, 52761

I hope there is interest fast. I want to tear down withing the next two weeks...

6. CREYNOLDS

CREYNOLDS

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    HOW FAR FROM CEDAR RAPIDS ARE YOU? I WOULD LIKE SOME STUFF BUT WOULD WANNA MAKE IT WORTH MY TIME.

7. Travis

Travis Well-Known ReefKeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Those prices are definately worth your time... I am actually tempted to drive down there from Independence. He also has 2 SPS that I would say would be your safest starters. Both grow like weeds.

8. CREYNOLDS

CREYNOLDS

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

TRAVIS YOUR GOING TO DRIVE THERE? WHICH ONE DO YOU THINK WOULD BE GOOD FOR ME?

9. glaspie69

glaspie69 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    I wouldnt mind making a trip down this weekend if your going to be aroung

10. glaspie69

glaspie69 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    PM sent

11. Deleted member 120

Deleted member 120 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    CREYNOLDS - I can make hte trip to CR in about an hour. My family actually lives another hour north of there. Easy drive across on I80.

If you guys all want to plan a group trip and come down that would be great. I plan on being around all weekend.

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Don't forget I'll take some of the live rock if any is left.  I wish I had more experience to be able to comfortably take some of those off your hands.  But if you need any help no matter how small, don't be afraid to give me a call.

13. Travis

Travis Well-Known ReefKeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By CREYNOLDS on 07/23/2008 2:39 PM

TRAVIS YOUR GOING TO DRIVE THERE? WHICH ONE DO YOU THINK WOULD BE GOOD FOR ME?
    The red cap is pretty easy, but the microthalma is the best noob sps around.  I would put it right there with purple digitata.  The microthalma actually started into the club from my old tank.  It grows super fast, can get nice color with proper lighting, and it grows into some crazy shapes with alternating flow.

14. FishNewb1

FishNewb1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It does need more light than the cap though doesnt it?

15. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    thanks so much for the red cap -microthalma frog spawn and hammer coral and other stuff its doing great

16. CREYNOLDS

CREYNOLDS

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Did you get my pmS?

17. billbigsbe Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clive
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    First off Im sorry to hear of your illness, and your loseing a great hobbie. How much is left and how much $ for everything inside of your tank! Ill make this as easy as possible 4 you... please pm me Thanks Dave

18. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I don't know what he has left.  But I'm taking about 40lbs of live rock and sand when I hear back from him.  I'm guessing that means the rest is gone, but not entirely sure.
    He isn't fully leaving the hobby.  He's keeping a few fish and prized pieces and putting them in a 30 gal.  He's moving out of state at the end of the year and doesn't want to mess with as much as he had.