1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Des Moines Area Christmas Party

Discussion in 'Des Moines & Ames Region' started by Rustin, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Rustin

Rustin Inactive User GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Who all needs help with a frag so we can get that figured out

2. Dave Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Des Moines Area
    Ratings:
    +450 / 1 / -0
    Posted By Rustin on 01/06/2010 06:18 PM
    Who all needs help with a frag so we can get that figured out
    I will bring several mushrooms on a rock but don't have any corals big enough to frag...so if the mushrooms are not ok then I could use a bit of help.  Thanks!

3. Rustin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    mushrooms are fine

4. ninjazx777 Experienced Reefkeeper

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    my wife will also be atending

i will be bringing frags of green meteor shower, purple digita, purple cap, green zoas, and maybe some other stuff

5. Matt

Matt Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So how many people we up to right now.  Sounds like there will be a good deal of nice frags.  Perfect for a member like me that's just starting, and doesn't have much right now. 

6. gb387

gb387 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2015
  7. mnballard

mnballard

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My wife and I will be ther.  I have at least a  hammer frag to bring.

8. Gered

Gered Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Well I might be rushed to get there because I am heading out soon to finish up some snow jobs. Put in a 18 hour day yesterday and a 10 the day before. So I may be a little out there tonight haha!

9. Rustin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If you can wrap you coral up and write sps, lps, or soft coral on the outside. We will do our secret santa in a couple different groups to keep someone from getting something they cant keep.

10. Rustin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Im heading that way. See everyone there!

11. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Great turnout everyone! I hope everyone enjoyed the party as I did. I think everyone easily paid for their memberships tonight just from the frag drawing. I have to thank everyone for being so generous in the corals you brought for the event. We had plenty for everyone as most went home with multiple new frags.
    Lets keep the momentum up for the upcoming year. We have many good things in store for GIRS 2010.

12. Matt

Matt Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yep party was definitely fun.  Meeting people from the forum, its nice to be able to put faces with names.  Prizes were awesome too.

13. Gered

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Very good turnout and great event! I wish I could have been a little more active but I am pretty sucked dry right now. Thanks again!

14. stew Well-Known ReefKeeper GIRS Member

Ankeny, IA
    Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    I definitely got my membership paid for tonight.  Thanks to everyone for the frags and even more so for all the shared knowledge!

15. Trevor0015

Trevor0015 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    tried to make it but when i got there i didnt know that you needed to be 21 to attend, so my girlfriend and i were not allowed in..for future parties and other events it might be helpful to let everyone know the possible age requirements for the younger reefers and if someone brings their kids along too..

trevor

16. Gered

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Sorry to hear about that! When did you get ID'ed? They did not ask for my ID and I am just 21 so I still look young. I am surprised they did not let you in though because most bars that serve food will let you in.

17. Matt

Matt Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yea that sucks.  I saw the sign when we walked into the place on the door, but never thought they would ID anyone.  Like gered said the didn't even ID us when we ought beer. 

18. snowman82

snowman82 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I thought it was perfectly legal for underage kids to be in a bar that serves food till 9 oclock or something??? cause if not, then no how can people eat at applebees and Champs if they are underage, thats kinda stupid IMO. sorry to hear about that, i would of been upset.

I wish i could of made it though, would of been fun

19. John50

John50 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sorry I had to miss it! We have a 1 YO granddaughter staying with us right now who has been sick so it just wasn't going to work. And as far as the bar, the only time the minor and food rule applies if is the establishment does at least, well I think it is 60% of their revenue on food. That is why restaurants that serve alcohol can have minors. But bars that just have some food available but they are mainly bars can not have anyone under 21.

20. Dave Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Des Moines Area
    Ratings:
    +450 / 1 / -0

The party was a good idea and a lot of fun...great to meet some of you folks from the site!