1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

December Meeting Topic Survey

Discussion in 'Des Moines & Ames Region' started by jtesdall, Nov 12, 2008.

1. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Please vote for the topic you would like to see in December.

2. gb387

gb387 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    December 4 shouldn't be a problem.

3. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +614 / 2 / -0
    Joel - Do you have any dates in mind?  I know that I'm unavailable on Thursday Dec 11th and Thursday Dec 18th.

4. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Sure do, it was in the November meeting thread Chris started. Here we go all in one thread. /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/laugh.gif
    What about Thursday December 4th, 6 PM at my office again? Does that not work for anyone that wants to come.
    Please take the survey if you haven't already. Presently controllers and automation are winning, that one I should be able to add some good content. Although I will need to think about how to demo without a controller present. Obviously I can't disconnect mine.

5. IowaDiver Well-Known ReefKeeper

West Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I'm good for the 4th. If we do any automation, I wouldn't mind learning more about auto topoff automation if anyone has done it. I don't have a controller yet, but I wouldn't mind a compare/contrast between your software and Neptune's software.

Chris

6. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Sure I have auto-top off working great. I also have auto water changes and kalk top off automated So I can talk and show some diagrams or something on that. I will also talk a bunch about controllers and compare my software to Aquanotes.

7. reefgoon09

reefgoon09 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I may try to attend this. never have attended a girs event and might find it usefull and fun! But if it is snowing I can't...Will be out plowing! BTW I got your list today Joel and will take a look over it and let u know tonight!

8. billbigsbe Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clive
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Do ya think that Airport Security is gonna freak when I come back from Vegas w/a ton of coral!!!!

Oh ya im going to Vegas 12-13/12-16 no GIRS meetings that weekend 4 me

9. IowaDiver Well-Known ReefKeeper

West Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Vegas? What is there to do in Vegas? We've got gambling right here in Iowa now! And that Riverboat puts that silly LUXOR pyramid to shame.

10. ZLTFUL

ZLTFUL Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Not to be a stick in the mud but 99 times out of 100, I can't make it to meetings during the week. Work schedule doesn't allow it. I work days but I get calls up until 11 pm.

11. IowaDiver Well-Known ReefKeeper

West Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    We can always think about doing an availability poll to get an idea of people's availability. I think one reason joel likes to host the meetings during the week is because he lives an hour away from DSM and we have the meetings at his work after business hours.

12. billbigsbe Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clive
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Joel needs a half-way house/frag store partners w/a few other members.......

13. IowaDiver Well-Known ReefKeeper

West Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Are we firm for December 4th @ 6pm then?

14. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Sorry I have been swamped. We had 7 people say they would to see a controller and automation discussion. Please respond here if that works this week for Thursday. I can make it happen.
    And please, if anyone has anything specific they would like shown or have something to add bring it on.

15. gb387

gb387 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By jtesdall on 12/01/2008 01:33 PM
    Sorry I have been swamped. We had 7 people say they would to see a controller and automation discussion. Please respond here if that works this week for Thursday. I can make it happen.
    And please, if anyone has anything specific they would like shown or have something to add bring it on.
    Shouldn't be a problem for me...  will be there if thats what works.

16. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +614 / 2 / -0
    Thursday works for me.

17. IowaDiver Well-Known ReefKeeper

West Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    OK, I'll be there.

18. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    New added possibility: JJ may come and talk to us about his setup. I will do the DIY automation with an aquacontroller and he will do the commercial methods. If he can make it it will be quite interesting.
    So yes, my office Thursday December 4th at 6PM.
    8665 Harbach
    Clive
    @ the intersection of 86th and Harbach behind Barr Bike.

19. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Dave, as long as you pack it in your suitcase you will be fine. I brought back some pieces from Maryland with not a question. They won't let you take it on board though, so put in heat packs and hope your luggage doesn't get lost.

20. ZLTFUL

ZLTFUL Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Somebody want to be the designated videographer then if all the meetings will be held during the week? Alot of good info but 99% sure I can't make monday through thursday evening meetings. /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/wink.gif