1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Date for February Social Event

Discussion in 'Cedar Rapids & Iowa City Region' started by CyberJester, Jan 21, 2009.

1. CyberJester

CyberJester Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey all,
    We have a CR/IC group event coming up in February.
    This was originally schedule to be a DIY Calcium reactor.
    However, after talking with Rick about this we are going to push this off a little later in the year.
    Time for me to get personal funds together to pay for the Reactor and for him to make the parts.
    So we are going to do the DIY food for the February meeting.
    Now I originally had this event scheduled for February 14th, I know not my brightest maneuver ever.
    So I moved it to February 15th.
    Will this work for everyone.
    Not sure if some of you may be taking a weekend trip with that special someone.
    So chime in on a date on this poll for what works.

2. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    The 28th is tentatively planned for the state wide event which will (also tentatively) be held in Cedar Rapids. Given that we are having a statewide event in Feb, I would recommend bumping this to later in march.

-JB

3. CyberJester

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey all,
    Just an update.  I think we are going to postpone the DIY Food event in Feb.
    With the Valentines holiday on the 14th and a state meeting on the 28th, there does not seem to be much interest.
    I also personally have 2 Birthdays in Feb and a couple of other activities going on.
    So, I think we are going to go the easy method and have another social in Feb.
    That way we will have 2 events the State meeting serving as one of them and the social as the other.
    So I am going to move the Beckett's social from March to the following date and put it on the Calendar.
    Thursday Feb 12, 2009
    Event: Cedar Rapids
    Social Topic: Fun
    Place: Beckett’s Time:
    5:00 – 8:00PM
    Sorry again, I my try to see if I can put together some kind of activity to do at the Feb 28 State meeting.
    Pending Board of Directors approval.
    Thanks again all.

4. CyberJester

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Bump for 1 day notice!

5. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately, 7PM is the earliest that I'm going to get there. We have to go to an information meeting for our daughters Kindergarten.

-JB

6. CyberJester

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That's ok JB, well try everything out before you get there so we can make beer recommendations.

7. Steph & Nick

Steph & Nick Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have class and will not be able to make it. See yall at the next one!

8. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I can't make it...doing V-day early due to other conflicts. Have one for me!