1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Crispy Critters

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by IowaDiver, Nov 24, 2008.

1. IowaDiver Well-Known ReefKeeper

West Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    While re-organizing and cleaing my tank up while it is cycling I found two crispy critters between the wall and the stand. My yellow watchman goby which was has been missing since summer, and a target mandarin  which has been missing for over a year.
    I'm going to have to put a trampoline back there when I get my jawfish.

2. REEFer Madness

REEFer Madness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    At least you found yours.  There's some fish from my freshwater days I've never found.

3. Anna

Anna Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You might want to put some screen up for the Jawfish. Mine tried to make the great escape a few times - mostly if you turned on the light in the room with the tank at night after the tank & room had been dark for awhile.

4. Travis

Travis Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I still do not understand the allure of carpet surfing....
    I had a fresh water tank in my room as a kid and decided to get a fire belly newt. Well he was in there one day and then I never saw him again. 5 years later when I was moving out, my mom let out a scream!!! She found my Newt!!! He had made it across the room and into my closet where he quickly dried out and died. He looked petrified, kind of wierd...  As far as I know that was the only skeleton in my closet... /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif

5. IowaDiver Well-Known ReefKeeper

West Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Haha, yeah, I dont know either. I think they must jump when my lights turn off. My icecap T5s aren't dimmable as far as I'm aware so I think it gives quite a start when the lights go off.

I am really going to have to lock my tank down like fort knox when I get these 7 jawfish in my tank. I may have to stand on firewatch and look for jumpers behind the tank.