1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Crab/Invert buy

Discussion in 'Des Moines & Ames Region' started by jtesdall, May 21, 2008.

1. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I need Blue legs. Anyone else want to go in? Where is the best place to buy these days?

2. billbigsbe Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clive
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Hey, Sea of Marvels has great deals on blue leggers. I think 10 for $10 same w/astris snails! I will b going on Sunday...

3. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yup, I have bought them there before but don't get that way often. Are you in Des Moines? If no one else wants to go in and I can't find a better deal with shipping can you pick me up 50?

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Joel,

I am getting ready to get a pretty good sized clean up crew with another guy Mid June (13th/14th) after we move his 120. We already are going to have free shipping, so let me know if you can wait that long. Last time we bought from them, I think the Blue Legs for me ended up about 50 cents a piece if that.

5. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I'll definately consider that Jerry, but I have some Algae on some new frags I got out of state that is driving me crazy. The blue legs seem to eat it well I just don't have enough anymore.
    Where are you ordering from? I see reeftopia has 100 for $36. They always seem to have the best deals on clean up.

6. Lee

Lee Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've been happy with reeftopia.... keep in mind that their blue-legs are pretty small... you will want to make sure you have shells for them to grow into.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Joel, I did plan on using reetopia.

8. ZLTFUL

ZLTFUL Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would be in. I can use some snails and crabs. Maybe even a couple of emerald mithrax...

9. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    If we order $120 the shipping is free, otherwise under $69 is $30 and 69-125 is $25. At this point I only want 100 blue legs for $36. I could order a few more things instead of giving it away in shipping. Maybe if a few more sign up we can make the $120. Otherwise I may get a few next Saturday from Hungs ( a friend is going there) and wait until Jerry orders from Reeftopia in June to get the rest.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys. The only two decent fish stores on the DSM area I know of that sell saltwater supplies and livestock are Adam's Aquatics and Iowa Pet Food and Aquatics.

Where are Sea Of Marvels and Reeftopia located? Or are they online stores and am I just making an *** out of myself?

11. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Can't make an *** of yourself around here, too many questions to ask.
    Sea of Marvels is in Iowa City (North Liberty actually) and is usually considered the best salt water store in the state. Reeftopia is online and usually has the best price for crabs and other clean up crews. They supposedly dive for them and that way get them out cheaper.

12. Wayne1

Wayne1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Joel, i would in on that order. I would take 100 blue legs for 36.00 and 4 emerald crabs @ 5.00 each for a grand total of 56.00 plus shipping and your tip of course. Let me know.. thanks wayne

13. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Wayne,

Hmmmm, I think I might order the same as you, which put us $13 from free shipping. Want anything else? I am liking the Green Ricordias they have. I may get a couple of them instead of the crabs or maybe the crabs as well, I don't know.

14. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks! I gotta go to Iowa City for college orientation in July so I'll stop by there on my way back home.

15. Nykademus

Nykademus Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I could use a couple of items as well.
    4 - Med Pep shrimp @ 3.00ea
    1 - Single orange rics @ 10.00ea
    = $22.00
    Hey Wayne, your place is on my way home from work so I could drop your stuff off on my way if you want.

16. Wayne1

Wayne1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That sounds good Jeremy, Hey i would take 5 med pep shrimp for 15.00 to put us over for free shipping. I think my total would be 71.00 dollars.

17. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I will order tomorrow for a Tuesday or Wednesday delivery. Let me know by then if anyone else wants in or wants to change.
    Ryan, are you in? What do you want? This is the time to get in FREE SHIPPING!!
    As it is now:
    Wayne
    100 Blue Legs $36
    4 Emerald Crabs $20
    5 Pepermint Shrimp $15
    Total $71
    Jeremy
    4 - Med Pep shrimp @ 3.00ea - $12
    1 - Single orange rics @ 10.00ea
    Total $22
    Joel
    100 Blue Legs $36
    2 Green Ricordia on Clam $15
    2 Emerald Crabs $12
    2 Extra Large Pepermint Shrimp $10
    Total $73
    Grand Total $166

18. ZLTFUL

ZLTFUL Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If you haven't ordered, let me know and I will throw together what I want real quick...if not, no biggie...

19. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Put a list together. I will order later tonight.

20. billbigsbe Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clive
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Its late notice, but I would take 2 blue linckia starfish + 4 pepermint shrimp! Contact me 4 my paypal acct # if you need it to secure my order...  (515)262-6049 or (515)208-2851 or @ dmharban@hotmail.com thanks Dave