1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

CR tank tour

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lee, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Lee

Lee Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you to the CR members for putting on another great tank tour, it was fun as always!  Thanks to everyone who stepped up their club involvement and welcomed us into their homes and showed off their aquariums (and brewery). /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/wink.gif  Thank you to Steph and everyone else who helped organize it.  I hope some of you will be able to make it up to the Waterloo tour this comming Sunday. 
    Here is the link to some of the pictures:
    http://www.greateriowareefsociety.o...fault.aspx

2. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Definitely. It was great to see a lot of new faces at the the tour today.

And thanks Lee for taking those pictures. I can't believe how good they turned out... Mine never look that good.

-JB

3. B-Rad

B-Rad Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I want to thank the CR group for the great tour today, I had a great time!

It was nice to meet everyone, and I'm looking forward to the next one!

4. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Those are GREAT photos!!! What kind of camera do you have? Wish I could have made it, looked like a good turn out. How was Bobo's?

5. Lee

Lee Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Fawn, I wish you could have made it. I don't have anything special for a camera, it's just an old olympus point and shoot. The key is to experiment with the manual settings and know when to use which settings. For closeups between 2"-20" or so I turn on the super macro feature, and from 20"-40" or so I use the regular macro feature (the tulip)...and of course turn off the flash. Just make sure your shutterspead isn't any slower than 60 and you shouldn't need a tripod.