1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

CR/IC DIY reef food meeting Sat. June 13, 2pm - 4pm

Discussion in 'Cedar Rapids & Iowa City Region' started by CyberJester, Jun 1, 2009.

1. mralanjones

mralanjones Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i will be there. 1/2 pound for me

2. ScubaTodd

ScubaTodd Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am planning on coming and will take 1 or 2 pounds.

3. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hey Jeremy... How 'bout get'n this posted on the home page... :)

4. CyberJester

CyberJester Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I am going to do it tonight JB, thanks for the reminder

5. mralanjones

mralanjones Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i will be there and buy 1/2 lb

6. CyberJester

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It is event time in CR/IC area,
    We will be hosting a DIY food event for your reefs.
    The food event will feature JJ's Reef food an extremely expensive affair for you little wet loved one's.
    This food has everything a growing reef needs from parasite control to coloration for fish and corals and will entice even the finickiest eater.
    The recipe to purchase all ingredients costs about $400.00
    This is your chance to get in on the food by the cost per lb (approximately $20/lb).
    Pricing will be posted Friday, as the final fresh ingredients will be purchased on that day.
    Please feel free to bring a Beer stein (Taps will be a flow'in) as what goes better with DIY then free Beer!
    Please see this discussion thread  for location details and time.
    If you are not a member and would like to attend. GIRS will sponsor any non-member for one event to try the club on so-to-speak. So if you are not a member and would like to use this as an opportunity to see what the club is about and meet some swell reefers, Please contact "CyberJester" you favorite neighborhood area trustee!
    Thank you,
    Jeremy Orchuk
    "CyberJester"
    GIRS CR/IC Area Trustee

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2015
  7. glaspie69

glaspie69 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    Any room for one more? I wouldn't mind getting a new batch of food

8. CyberJester

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By glaspie69 on 06/11/2009 04:48 PM
    Any room for one more? I wouldn't mind getting a new batch of food
    Jason, No problem I don't think we are going to be selling all 29 lbs of it, so you are more then welcome to come.

9. glaspie69

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    Alrighty, I will plan on being there then. Thanks

10. CyberJester

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just so everyone knows. I was unable to procure any cyclop-eese for the recipe so unless someone has some we will be making the food with the excetpion of that product. If someone who is coming has some I would be more then willing to pay the value in cash or trade for the eqivelent in the food product.

11. glaspie69

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    I have an almost full pack i can bring

12. CyberJester

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am not for certain, I am still waiting on here something from Jason about the cyclop-eeze quantity and pricing.
    However, for those of you who are bring cash to pay tomorrow you can plan on it bringing about $15/lb or $7.50/half lb.
    So, plan on that I will get an exact figure when Jason returns the price, quantity, and type of the cyclop-eeze he has.
    If you want to Paypal it to me, send me a PM with a request either tonight or tomorrow morning and I will send you my paypal information with an exact price by noon.
    Thanks
    Sorry for the incovenence, you always seem to find just what you need at the last minute.
    Sincerely,
    Jeremy Orchuk
    GIRS CR/IC Regional Trustee

13. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for setting up the Meeting Jeremy. I now smell like raw seafood and need a shower bad, but it was a whole lot of fun!

And nice to meet all of the new people that showed up!

-JB

14. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ditto! Thanks for hosting Jeremy! I don't think any of us had any idea how much work goes into making the food, but it was good to get in there and get our hands dirty and participate in the activities of the day. Now hopefully I can get this seafood smell off of my hands. :)

--AJ

15. Troy

Troy Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ditto +1 Thanks for hosting the meeting Jeremy. it was a pretty expensive project just some fish food, now lets see how much the fish like it.

16. B-Rad

B-Rad Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Jeremy, I had a lot fun and I think my tank will prosper with the new buffet of foods. One thing though my cats seem very friendly to me for some reason,[​IMG].
    Also want to thank Fawn for the frags, I got to see her tank and let me tell ya that leather coral needs it's own Zip code, that thing is huge!! You must check it out on the I/C tank tour.

17. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ha! I saw that leather a year ago and it was huge then...I can just imagine how big it is now. Looking forward to checking out her new setup! And yours too for that matter! Even with just those two tanks, it should be a great tank tour. Maybe we can convince Eric to be a stop...

--AJ

18. bobsfish

bobsfish Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for hosting Jeremy - I'm thinking your kitchen will have a nice "bait shop" smell for awhile, but I'm sure it will eventually come out haha
    It was nice to meet more people from the club and put some names and faces together. I've concuded there are some pretty zany dudes in this club! lol

19. CyberJester

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you all for coming to the event, I myself learned a lot and did not realize all the work that went into making fish food.
    JB, did your hands thaw out yet?
    Nice to know the fishes will now be eating better then I will!

20. fishyness

fishyness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

I had to leave before the event was over but i still would like to buy some if you have some left.

annie