1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Couple more from the same shoot...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by einsteins, Feb 7, 2008.

1. einsteins

einsteins Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I finished a few more pics from my shoot the other day...enjoy!
    This one has focus problems but I finally captured the correct colors...this one has been a challenge for me to capture the correct color.
    [​IMG]
    This was another color challenge.....I am able to capture the correct coloring now because I changed the way I am setting my white balance along with a couple other small changes in metering.
    [​IMG]
    This has colored up very well since I started dosing the zeo additives...
    [​IMG]
    Got this coral from Jeremy at our frag swap...it was dark green with teal polyps but I really like the color trend to teal since I started the zeo additives and moved it higher in the tank.
    [​IMG]
    Thanks for looking!!
    eins

2. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Very nice, good job /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/whistling.gif

3. slovan

slovan Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Very nice, eins! What do you use for white balance? A preset or custom? Do you use a grey card?

4. rc1214b

rc1214b

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Very Nice shots Bill!!! Post a pic sometime of the coral you got from me, I'd love to see it's color in your tank..

5. seanndenise1

seanndenise1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    excellent pics.

6. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hey Bill how bout some more details on those pics. They are amazing. Are you just shooting in RAW and setting just Aperature and Shutter or do you use other settings on the camera?
    I have been trying just Aperature and Shutter and then Using Capture NX to adjust the other settings. It seems like all of the settings on the Nikon can be made after the fact in capture NX and even removed if wanted later. Pretty cool really. I haven't done this with tank shots yet, just work stuff. I am planning on playing with Capture NX and tank shots this weekend.
    So how do you do it?

7. seanndenise1

seanndenise1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By jtesdall on 02/09/2008 9:02 AM
    Hey Bill how bout some more details on those pics. They are amazing. Are you just shooting in RAW and setting just Aperature and Shutter or do you use other settings on the camera?
    I have been trying just Aperature and Shutter and then Using Capture NX to adjust the other settings. It seems like all of the settings on the Nikon can be made after the fact in capture NX and even removed if wanted later. Pretty cool really. I haven't done this with tank shots yet, just work stuff. I am planning on playing with Capture NX and tank shots this weekend.
    So how do you do it?
    if he told ya, he'd hafta kill ya.

8. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Ya, I figured I may be risking my life for such info. I guess I wouldn't want to give it up either. Especially if we are going to do a contest.

9. einsteins

einsteins Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you everyone for the kind words on my photos....

I wouldnt do that Joel....

I have some plans for sharing my methods and concepts....more in due time..

eins

10. Travis

Travis Well-Known ReefKeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just as a heads up... If anyone wants to try to make a few bucks, many reef magazines and books purchase quality photos. They also take articles. Photos are around $25-50 each and articles are $250 as a starting point. Same picture or article can be sold to multiple outlets.