1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

corraline growth shot, 3 months.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by seanndenise1, Jan 16, 2008.

1. seanndenise1

seanndenise1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    heres a corraline growth tank shot before and after.
    i put live rock with corraline on it in my bare base rocked tank on october 17 and its really spread quite a bit, especially in the last couple weeks.
    if you look at the rocks just to the sides and below the clowns you can see the new corraline growth. the really dark corraline is on the rocks that i bought, not new growth.
    by the way those are my clowns, happy as heck in there.
    no big deal but thought some newbs would be interested. oh and you just nevermind that diatom on the sand to the left too, im workin on it,LOL. that crap is driving me nuts.
    went from this
    [​IMG]
    to this
    [​IMG]

2. Deleted member 46

Deleted member 46 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Nice, in another month or so it will be completely covered.

3. einsteins

einsteins Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    nice....thats how it starts....Just keep the big 3 parameters BALANCED and it will go crazy as long as PO4 is not to high.

eins

4. Nykademus

Nykademus Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Soon you will be sick of scraping it off of the glass /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif

5. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Sean,

Thats not the rock you got from me is it?? It looks completely different.

Joel

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

sean  is that cement left over from your drive way lol  j/k looks great man cant belive it took off that fast  i was at u house like 3 weeks ago and dint seam like that much oh btw hows the carptet u got of adams od what was it

7. seanndenise1

seanndenise1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By jtesdall on 01/17/2008 12:27 PM
    Sean,

Thats not the rock you got from me is it?? It looks completely different.

Joel
    yeah thats the rock i got from you, it had quite a bit of corraline already on it, but even that rock has really grown alot.
    if you look close at it, the rock that is deeply encrusted is the real live rock, it has a white look to it in spots and thats where its really growing at.
    plus it has a ton of really deep red almost maroon looking corraline on it.
    to tell you the truth theres all different colors on the rock i got from you, red pink green purple blue light blue, you name it, it even has some sort of orange glowing stuff on it, its pretty cool.
    oh yeah it has those yellow sponges in places too. and they have kinda spread a bit, or maybe just gotten bigger.
    yep you gave me some good rock , thanks alot.
    oh just in case you are confused, there is rock in there that i made that might be throwing you off, and not looking like yours.
    nearly all the rock at the top of that pic is from you.