1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Corallife Pendant

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jtesdall, Dec 3, 2007.

1. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I bought a Coralife 150 W HQI pendant used with no manual. I can't find a website for Coralife products either. For the life of me I can't figure out how to get the lens off to replace the bulb. Does anyone have one of these to know how to accomplish this?

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  3. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, I couldn't find that on any search. But alas, no manuals or much of any information on that website. Darn.

4. seanndenise1

seanndenise1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

does the top where the cord goes in screw off allowing the inside to come apart?

5. nick

nick Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    check the side think theres a couple screws then the side should pull out if i remember correctly, and it all glass, oceanic, coral life, kent marine, esu and another one i cant remember

6. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Posted By fnvarner on 12/03/2007 9:09 PM
    check the side think theres a couple screws then the side should pull out if i remember correctly, and it all glass, oceanic, coral life, kent marine, esu and another one i cant remember

Nope no side panel or screws. This is a solid black cylinder molded to cone at the top.
    Sean, I think it either screws apart at the top or the lens assembly is friction fit into the cylinder. I tried getting it to come apart at the top before and didn't have any luck. I will have to try again. It obviously has to come aprt somehow.
    Doesn't someone have one of these? I thought it was very common. Sounds like fnvarner did but maybe they have changed the design now.

7. nick

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    ill check at work today i was think clip on but those arent the pendeants ill check today at work will repost tonight

8. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, I am ordering a replacement bub today and I guess I need to figure out how to get it replaced.

9. nick

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    it has to be cooled down but if you look at the bulb there's like a chrome reflector grab there and the top and pull it should pop right open

10. nick

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    sorry reflector is right around the tip of the hole

11. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Posted By fnvarner on 12/04/2007 7:53 PM
    it has to be cooled down but if you look at the bulb there's like a chrome reflector grab there and the top and pull it should pop right open
    I can't grab there, there is a glass lens. What pops open on the one you have? The top or then lens assembly?

12. nick

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    right before the glass is a metal rim for the curve grab there and pull

13. nick

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    if you in cr stop at pets playhouse from 12-8 i'm there everday

14. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thanks I'll give that a try when get back to Iowa. Hopefully my repacement bulb will be there Friday. Right now though I'm too busy kicking back with a brew listening to the waves.

15. nick

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    no prob have fun

16. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thanks fnvarner. That did the trick. You really have to pull on the sucker! I was afreaid of breaking it before.