1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Coralife Super Skimmer 125 needle wheel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by foxface, Jun 10, 2008.

1. foxface

foxface Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello everyone. I am having a heck of a time finding a replacement for my coralife super skimmer 125. I have not used it yet and need it working soon. I bought it used from someone with the understanding that it worked. Well when I got it home the pump did not work. I have found several sights that offer this pump however they are all out of stock. (that kind of puts up some red flags) I purchased from 2 sites and they both contacted me that the pump was out of stock. This was not shown as out of stock on their site. I did find one from someone on ebay but after thinking about it and with all the out of stocks might mean this is a bad pump!! My question to you all is if you think another pump would be better for this. The stock pump generates 500 gph and is a needle wheel. Will any needle wheel pump that can output the same quantity of water work for this. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.
    John

2. nick

nick Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    i dont know what brand you have got but some models came with a rio 1100

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    http://www.fishtanksdirect.com/

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'd go with a slightly bigger needlewheel pump, maybe 600-700 gph instead. Meshmod the impeller (easy) and restrict the intake on the pump (a pvc fitting with a hole in it - even easier) and you'll probably still have 500gph running through it but with far more air. If you're already messing with it, may as well come out with a superior skimmer.