1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Coral Reef in Burlington

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by xroads, Sep 16, 2008.

1. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    I never realized there was a saltwater store in Burlington.  Has anyone ever been there?
    I cant believe a town the size of Burlington can support a salt store but Waterloo cant.

2. REEFer Madness

REEFer Madness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the heads up, I was going to put up some fliers in Burlington, I wasn't sure if they actually had a salt water store or just a freshwater like here in Muscatine.

3. Travis

Travis Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Waterloo can support a salt store, they just haven't had one yet...

4. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    We have had 3 go under in the last 4 years

5. Travis

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By xroads on 09/17/2008 06:18 AM
    We have had 3 go under in the last 4 years
    I wouldn't call any of them real attempts at making a decent store though.  If a saltwater store is going to make it in Waterloo they first need to be a solid tank maintainance company with a few high dollar accounts.  With all of the hospitals and office buildings throughout CF/loo area, there is no reason that would not be easily feasible.  Then they need to open the store front and focus on fish, not birds, dogs, cats, gerbils, mice, lizards, etc...  Those IMO are the keys to sucess that have been missing.  They also need to start small.  Hell run it out of your basement or garage until the client base is built up.  Above all the store needs to be CLEAN!!!!  Why would anyone in their right mind buy $50+ fish from a store that is furnished in early 70's equipment and stinks of cat urine?

6. Travis

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    How is the store in Burlington BTW?