1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Coral order

Discussion in 'Quad Cities Area' started by Guest, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If any of you want to go in on a coral order after the 20th let me know, we can save on shipping. I was thinking about ordering from http://www.atlantisaquarium.net/ .  But I'm open to other places if anyone has a preference.  I don't have to work much during christmas/new years so I can be there for delivery.

2. rc1214b

rc1214b

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'd wait till after the new year now, shipping is risky with the holidays and weather we've been getting recently. This is the last week for many retailers to ship.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That might be a good idea, if I'm at work the secretaries will alway sign for it and hold it for me.

4. Deleted member 46

Deleted member 46 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Al, you ca count me in where ever you get it from.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Alright Ben, do some checking at a few sights and let me know if you see anything that grabs your interest.

6. covey

covey

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Its bad idea any slight hiccup in the weather and the overnight deliver gets delayed to.

I had FED EX kill $300 worth of coral and they didn't think they had any liable for an overnight package tanking 5 days.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've ordered several times in the winter and have not had any issues as of yet (knock's on wood).

8. einsteins

einsteins Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I might be interested if you use atlantis....but I want to wait til after the holidays

eins

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    We can hold off for a bit, I just thought it would be good to get a group order so we can save on some shipping.  If anyone will be home we can have the package sent to their house or I can have it delivered to work and bring it home.  I also saw some cool stuff at http://www.sharkysreef.com that I might make a move on.  I ordered from them in the past and they have great shipping rates to this area.

10. covey

covey

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Just a thought. If anyone is interested I was talking to the Uber frags guys about possible going up there and buying directly from them. The bigger guy is about to open store and quite a few of the Rockford crew are lousy with frags and it would be nice to see some new systems.

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    When do you plan on going up there?

12. covey

covey

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    After new years... waiting on my monthly check too...LOL

13. covey

covey

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Rockford Uber style
    [​IMG]
    maybe some Sharky's
    [​IMG]
    hello zoas!
    [​IMG]
    Maybe some Dark lord!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hand picking and paying $40 for gas beats $40 shipping anyday.

14. seanndenise1

seanndenise1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    so the place in the pics is open all the time or is that just an event that you went too?

there are some nice peices in there reasonably priced, i would love to make that roadtrip.

15. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Count me in!

16. covey

covey

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    You got to now somebody who...knows somebody... who knows somebody....:p

No really just hit up the rockford guys on Uber(or I could) and I have known the DLC guy for 3 years now.

When you show up with mad cash most people open up the frag tanks real quick/site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/wink.gif