1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

copperband

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mralanjones, May 30, 2009.

1. mralanjones

mralanjones Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    as I posted about 2 weeks ago I was thinking about getting a copperband. Well I decide to get one. I went out and bought him. I hope he makes it and behaves around to corals.

2. gb387

gb387 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Joel just bought one as well.

3. mralanjones

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i am kinda nervous since they are hard fish to keep form what I have heard

4. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Do you have him in QT? From what I have read that gives them the opportunity to not have competition for food. I also read that many need live food to get them started but can be changed to frozen brine and mysis over time but will only eat it if it is moving looking alive. That seems to be true with mine, I bought at Seascapes, but he ate frozen the second day but will only eat it if it is moving. There are some good articles on the web if you haven't read them yet.

5. mralanjones

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This might be a dumb question but what kind of live. I have brine shrimp and that is what they feed him at the pet store. I watched him eat before I bought him. I do not have a qt tank so he is in my main tank. I guess I could put him in my sump

6. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    First, onto the soapbox. I know it has been said many times, always quarantine new fish. We have all been bit by introducing disease to our tanks by being excited and putting fish right in fresh from the LFS. We have all done it and many have learned the lesson. All you need is a 10 gallon, small heater and a pump and you have the cheapest insurance policy we can have. Stepping down from soapbox.
    Normally feeding live in this case is live brine shrimp. It is about the only live that is easy to obtain. If you are feeding frozen brine I would make sure it is enhanced with vitamins. You should also try some mysis and cyclopeze. It is always better for our fishes health to feed a variety. This has also bit me, but that is story for another time.

7. billbigsbe Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clive
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Good luck fellas! Ive killed 3 of them, thinking of drying them out and making a realy expensive necklase!!!LOL let me know if it works out for ya...