1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Congrats on the QC paper article Bill

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by xroads, Nov 10, 2008.

1. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    So my parents from SE Iowa call me tonight to tell me about a Saltwater event in the QC.  They figured I would want to go.  They said there was a big article in the front page of the arts & leisure section about Bill Kennedy's tank & the Saltwater show this weekend at the Isle of Capri.
    They said your tank looked pretty impressive & it was a great article.

2. REEFer Madness

REEFer Madness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That's too funny.   Was that in today's Times?

3. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Here's a link to the article online
    It's worth noting that the article got one thing wrong...   Admission to the show floor is $10.00.   I don't believe people can get in and talk to the vendors for free as stated in the article.
    -JB

4. JByrd

JByrd

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I just want to say congrats also Bill. Pretty neat to see something of that nature in our local newspaper along with the other articles as well about the reefs. Been trying to explain your set up to a couple of friends since visiting you in Late March or Early April. This article was a great help in that. Like the first paragraph states "SPEECH LESS" when you first see it with your owm eyes....

5. REEFer Madness

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The article is great, much more than what I expected.  Was that the picture they used in the paper, also? 

6. Lee

Lee Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    everyone make sure you give it a thumbs up at the bottom of the page.

7. einsteins

einsteins Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    THanks all...it was fun to do the article and I think it gave great exposure to the Club and the Fall Fest. I was happy with the outcome.
    Tomorrow I am helping adam for the Paula Sands show (I wont be on camera though....whew!) so more exposure for the club and the Fall Fest!!!!

THe paper had numerous pictures and the online article I think only had one picture...

8. IowaDiver Well-Known ReefKeeper

West Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Whoever is doing the marketing for this fest is doing a heck of a job. Great exposure here.

9. REEFer Madness

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    !!!
    I am very impressed with the BOD in this club.  I've heard this yeas has been bad for the club, due to flooding and economy, but I hope the momentum of this fest carries on to the next year.