1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Confused re Apex so Need Some Help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sponge, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    I keep getting messages from Fusion

Screenshot_20190409-205055.jpg
    Notice the Statement says that if pH is greater than 8.4, Then ON
    Here's my programming:

20190408_222448.jpg
    Why is the email saying ...then ON when my program says... then OFF? I am wanting the doser to be OFF if pH goes higher than 8.4.
    Help apex guru's!

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
  2. Roman Experienced Reefkeeper

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +321 / 3 / -0
    I’m not much into programming but with the new apex you can go into tasks and I believe you could program your doser as if it were a calcium reactor and set the values you want your ph to shut off at . Example have it turn off at 8.4 and be on at 7.5. That way your doser will always have power on to dose between those two ph values. Also I noticed it say if ph is 180 on your programming.

Sent from my iPhone via App

3. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    Thanks for the reply Roman but it doesnt help me
    It says If 180 pH is > ...meaning my 180g tank pH

Anyone?

Sent from my SM-N950U via App

4. Waterrat41 Addicted Reefer GIRS Member

Des moines
    Ratings:
    +147 / 1 / -0
    That's not due to a physical output setting(like an output for an EB8 or 0-10v output), it's an alarm output setting. In fusion outputs, output 6 you can set what conditions you want to receive a notification. If you look under outputs for your 180 you should see an output labeled "EmailAlm", what you put in that output determines when you receive a notification. If you look there you will see the command "If 180PH > 8.40 Then ON"...this is what you would change to change when you get an email.
    Under your Apex account dropdown in the top right corner of the screen, under settings there is a "Notifications "tab where you set up where your notifications go to(which email or txt etc.).

5. Actuary Well-Known ReefKeeper

Adel, IA
    Ratings:
    +145 / 1 / -0
    ^^ This. Not sure if it's at the bottom of all of your switches, but it is for me... click on the little gear thing on the EMAILALM switch.

upload_2019-4-10_16-17-5.png

I have the following programming so I get emailed/texted if my temp or pH get out of line:

upload_2019-4-10_16-18-24.png

Hope that helps!

6. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    Thanks Guys! I'll be checking it out! These alarms have been happening far too long