1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

community salt water fish wanted

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by Guest, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i am looking to start a community tank so i need some fish!! i am looking for anenomies, clown fish, tangs, and anything that would be fine in a community tank!

2. Travis

Travis Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hold up...

The term "Community" tank brings me to assume you are a freshwater guy switching to salt. This assumption is also fueled by the fact you are looking for an anemone for this "community" tank. You also mention tangs, but you have not mentioned tank size.

Please post some parameters and a general background of the tank you are looking to stock and we should be able to help you a lot easier.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

how about you... hold up!! i already have a 75 salt that i have had for a while. i also have a fifty five that i am switching to a community rather than both being aggressive tanks. If you are not selling any fish there is no need for you questions, and i am very familiar with the fish world. So again if you are not offering to sell any fish that would work in a peaceful tank i really dont want to answer any questions.
    gentlemen.....

4. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Uh... WOW

5. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Brandonluke,
    Travis was trying to be helpful as most people are on these boards.
    I would just like to mention that a tang does not belong in a 55 or a 75 for that matter.

6. Travis

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By brandonluke on 09/30/2008 09:51 PM

how about you... hold up!! i already have a 75 salt that i have had for a while. i also have a fifty five that i am switching to a community rather than both being aggressive tanks. If you are not selling any fish there is no need for you questions, and i am very familiar with the fish world. So again if you are not offering to sell any fish that would work in a peaceful tank i really dont want to answer any questions.
    gentlemen.....
    ummm okkkk.....
    I apologize for trying to help save you money and help your possible purchases from meeting an untimely death.  I truely do hope your are "very familiar with the fish world" as you will need all the help you can get if you think an anemone will do well in a freshly established tank with no mention of what lighting you will be using to support that delicate creature.  Good luck to you...

7. nick

nick Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    i must agree with jb wow

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i believe that if i was to "offer help" i would not start my statement with "hold up". i have seen that makes random posts on items just trying to boast about his knowledge rather than helping. He simply assumes that i am starting a tank and i am ignorant to that matter. i do not appreciate his help, and i am just looking to buy some great fish. i have taken all the precatutions and my tank is established (water tests come back great). i firmly believe that if i had any questions about the set up or about community tank i would be asking questions on the discussion forum, not on the buy/sell/trade column. but that is just how i feel so i would really like to save my time and replys for something that pertains to what i am looking for.

9. Travis

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    "Hold up" was just an attention getter or heading. It was also to get you to realize you need to slow down if you are just starting a tank and are looking for tangs and anemones. As for your excellent deduction about my assumption to your level of knowledge, that is why I used the word ASSUME. I do not know who or what you are and there for I must ASSUME until you respond otherwise where you are coming from...

I would also like to thank you for pointing out my fatal flaw of answering random questions. I guess I do get a huge power trip knowing that information I have gained through the years may actually help someone and save them money. I feel like such a super hero when I post I have actually decided to start wearing tights and a mask to complete the persona.

Well if you will excuse me, I am off to get my next power fix....

10. glaspie69

glaspie69 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    I'm not a rocket scientist by any means but it's usually considered rude to slam a guy for trying to help you out. Sit back and read you post to yourself.....it does seem a tad newbish. I'm curious that if your wealth of knowledge is so great why you are asking questions. Basically it boils down to this, if you knew what you were doing you wouldnt be asking questions. Off to find my cape. J

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    you guys crack me up. you two prob message each other back and forth about me!! its just fish relax!! they are in good hands, i am using the water from an already established tank, and i really dont need to let you know everything!! and i never asked a question, just if anyone had any to sell, and so far no luck. maybe if the ranting would stop they could actually see my post. relax guys and fight some crime that is worth while. i have not lost a fish in the ten years of tanks and i dont intend to. its okay, seriously...

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    god you guys crack me up. you two are prob instant messaging each other back and forth about how this is such an issue. this is a buy/sell/trade column so if you dont mind i would like to keep it to that. i understand that there are also discussion forums and i believe that your ranting belongs there. You tuys talking about capes, and super heros dont sound like your trying to help anyone. Also, the only question that i asked was if anyone had any fish for sale. you guys are asking me the questions about my tank. I dont need any of your help, everything is going fine, i was just looking to get some fish possibly on this website but you guys are really making this a horrible and not needed situation. you are making a bad name for this website and i am sorry for everyone else who has to put up with you two going back and forth when you dont even have anything for sale. What are you doing??? your not helping anything.

13. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    god you guys crack me up. you two are prob instant messaging each other back and forth about how this is such an issue. this is a buy/sell/trade column so if you dont mind i would like to keep it to that. i understand that there are also discussion forums and i believe that your ranting belongs there. You tuys talking about capes, and super heros dont sound like your trying to help anyone. Also, the only question that i asked was if anyone had any fish for sale. you guys are asking me the questions about my tank. I dont need any of your help, everything is going fine, i was just looking to get some fish possibly on this website but you guys are really making this a horrible and not needed situation. you are making a bad name for this website and i am sorry for everyone else who has to put up with you two going back and forth when you dont even have anything for sale. What are you doing??? your not helping anything.

14. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    god you guys crack me up. you two are prob instant messaging each other back and forth about how this is such an issue. this is a buy/sell/trade column so if you dont mind i would like to keep it to that. i understand that there are also discussion forums and i believe that your ranting belongs there. You tuys talking about capes, and super heros dont sound like your trying to help anyone. Also, the only question that i asked was if anyone had any fish for sale. you guys are asking me the questions about my tank. I dont need any of your help, everything is going fine, i was just looking to get some fish possibly on this website but you guys are really making this a horrible and not needed situation. you are making a bad name for this website and i am sorry for everyone else who has to put up with you two going back and forth when you dont even have anything for sale. What are you doing??? your not helping anything..

15. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    god you guys crack me up. you two are prob instant messaging each other back and forth about how this is such an issue. this is a buy/sell/trade column so if you dont mind i would like to keep it to that. i understand that there are also discussion forums and i believe that your ranting belongs there. You tuys talking about capes, and super heros dont sound like your trying to help anyone. Also, the only question that i asked was if anyone had any fish for sale. you guys are asking me the questions about my tank. I dont need any of your help, everything is going fine, i was just looking to get some fish possibly on this website but you guys are really making this a horrible and not needed situation. you are making a bad name for this website and i am sorry for everyone else who has to put up with you two going back and forth when you dont even have anything for sale. What are you doing??? your not helping anything

16. REEFer Madness

REEFer Madness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Check to see which town is missing their looney.
    It's not Muscatine, I'm still here.

17. glaspie69

glaspie69 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    Personally I never asked anything about your tank nor intended to. I simply made the statement that if you had such a wealth of knowledge you wouldnt be asking what fish to put in a community tank. Secondly you have met me nor do you know who I am, in the nicest way I can say this.....get serious! I have spent more time and effort on this club and the starting of this website for anyone to say I'm making a bad name for it. I have bent over backwards and will continue to do so for this club in spite of slightly deranged people like you throwing a fit over nothing.

18. saltwater2003

saltwater2003 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i have 3 tangs in a 75 gallon with a few other fish and thay are happy

19. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    This thread has been edited and un-locked, lets try to keep things civil here folks.
    Brandon, maybe it would be helpful if you would explain your setup so we can better help you with your stocking needs.

20. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

absolutly. i have a 55 gallon salt water fish tank with protein skimmer and a sump. i am looking for clowns, soft corals, anenomies. Most of all i am really looking to fill the tank. i am looking for tanks with multiple fish that all get along. If anyone has anything that may fit feel free to message me. thanks agian!!