1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Clowns won`t host!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by reefgoon09, Aug 12, 2008.

1. reefgoon09

reefgoon09 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have had a pair of clowns for almost a year( 3 months shy) and they still won't host in anything![​IMG]I guess I just wish they would because most clowns I have seen do host in something. I have a huge head of frospawn to! Anyways just wondering what peoples thoughts were on the topic. Thanks!

2. ZLTFUL

ZLTFUL Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Clowns are fickle like that. I had an occ that never did host anything even though I had alot of things in the tank that looked like they would make good hosts. And now my true percs hosted in my Frogspawn within 2 days. Every fish is different. But then that is what makes this hobby so great...

3. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    It took my percs 2 years to start hosting.

4. reefgoon09

reefgoon09 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    lol I am waiting for the day when I don't see them and then they just pop out of my frogspawn all of the sudden! That will be the day![​IMG]

5. Benji

Benji Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Have you tried any threats of imminent bodily injury. If that doesn't work take a 3" piece of fishing line and tie one end to the dorsal fin while you tether the opposite end to the base of the frogspawn.

6. reefgoon09

reefgoon09 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Are u kidding...? Seriously

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If you had ever tried to tie fishing line on a clownfish dorsal fin, you'd know he was kidding /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/wink.gif

Took my occelaris pair a week to find my rBTA, percs instantly found a Sebae. Maybe your clowns are smarter than most and know they shouldn't be hosting a frogspawn?!

8. reefgoon09

reefgoon09 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yea I was going to say, I know alot about saltwater stuff but have been fooled before...this is an example lol