1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

clownfish fry!!? help!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Guest, Dec 19, 2007.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    help me please. i seriously think i have clown fish fry in my tank. i once bred beta fish and they looked similar to this. so i think its the clowns
    i need to know what to do, if anyone has suggestions please let me know
    im not talking like eggs, im talking like tiny little clearish fish swimming around
    i thought they were pods at first but there are alot of them and they sleep like th clown fish do. (in the corners)
    im going to post this on girs as well if anyone wants to PM or reply to help me out
    if you can REALLY help me, help me identify if they are clown fry and help me get them to live i will give you one or 2 (depending on the amount that live)
    i appreciate it.
    thanks
    -ben
    (double post from rc)

2. Deleted member 46

Deleted member 46 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ben, I hope you are right. When I first started out I thought I had baby fish in my tank. They turned out to be Mysis shrimp swimming around. I'd have sworn at the time I had fish though.

3. Philby

Philby Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Did you see any clownfish eggs? You can usually see eggs for about a week before they hatch - and they're bright orange so they're hard to miss...plus the male clown will be paying attention to them CONSTANTLY from the time they're laid until they hatch.

I'm also guessing they're mysis.

It's kinda hard to help you identify if they're fry without a picture...

Here's a good site on breeding in general, and there's lots of good info about clownfish.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i didnt think about mysis!

must be mysis. im not going to hold my breath on them being clown fry, although these clowns have spawned in their previous owners tank...

i feel stupid now!

thanks!

5. nick

nick Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    clownfish fry!!? that cracks me up, their not big enough to eat

6. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have some sand flea thingys in my sump that look like little bitty minnows.  I was told they are good but I was really confused the first time I saw them.  Hope that helps!

7. Travis

Travis Well-Known ReefKeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hope they were fry. I will be moving this next week and ready to steal the parents from you... /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif

8. Travis

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Odds are that they were not fry though. The parents will usually clean them up as fast as they hatch.

9. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Posted By Travis on 12/21/2007 1:17 AM
    Hope they were fry. I will be moving this next week and ready to steal the parents from you... /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif src="/site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif" align=absMiddle border=0>
    Thats funny that is what I was thinking.  Look me up when you get here.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ill probably hit you up later in the year and try to buy one of the babies from you!

11. Travis

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would give you a pair... Heck you have been holding them for around 2 months now, it would be the least I could do. I have a box of random tank supplies (maybe a maxijet mod 1200) that I will throw into our deal also. Just need to get some room and I like to see this stuff go to someone that could use it.

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    very cool. thank you very much.

13. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    when was it again that you were going to possibly come? near the end of this week?