1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Cleanup Crew Group Buy for pickup at Fall Fest

Discussion in '2009' started by AJ, Sep 16, 2009.

1. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I'll be putting together an order for my tank and one for our office tank here shortly.

Thanks for the reminder AJ.

-JB

2. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    AJ, I just sent you my two orders...

-JB

3. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks JB...I'll add them on.

--AJ

4. RSchmitz

RSchmitz New User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Order sent. Thank you for taking the time to save us all a bit of $$.

5. waterfowler

waterfowler

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    E mail sent let me know if it worked and I will go with paypal for payment. Thanks Josh

6. dzabler

dzabler Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey aj, just wanted to make sure you got my order and money...talk to you soon

7. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Dan,
    I sent you a couple of PMs and left you a voice mail on your cell. I got your $$ but not your order. Please get me your order ASAP or I will not be able to include it when I place the order.

--AJ

8. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey everyone...the last orders are coming in and we have had a tremendous response to this group buy. So far, the order includes almost 900 individual items and is totaling over $700 with participation from 15 buyers. I will be sending each person included in the group buy a PM today confirming their order.

I believe if we estimated the savings over retail, we would see that this group buy has collectively saved members well over a thousand dollars. Way to go GIRS!

If you are local and are able to pick up early, I encourage you to do so. They will arrive on Thursday and if you let me know what time you're going to be available, I'm sure we can arrange pickups at just about any time Thursday afternoon/evening. Also, while I will be at the book signing at Pet's Playhouse on Friday, we may be able to arrange a Friday night pickup too. Please contact me for more information on early pickup such as times and location.

--AJ

9. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The order has been placed for 1125 individual items with 16 participants for an order total just shy of $800. Wow...that's a much larger turnout than I was expecting. Thanks to everyone that participated!

--AJ

10. Gered

Gered Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Any idea how much lower the prices were that you gave us sense it was such a large order?

11. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Actually, we did not hit the next discount tier on any of the items; in fact, I may need to add a small surcharge to some orders (like a .50 or a dollar) to cover bagging supplies and shortages due to PayPal fees being more than expected. I also did not anticipate having to purchase the bags so I forgot to factor them in. On some items, we came close, but we did not exceed the amount where we would get an additional discount.

--AJ

12. Gered

Gered Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Dang I figured with those numbers we would hit it. Oh well the prices were still really good so I will not complain.

13. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Like I said, it should not be more than a dollar or so. The bags were like .06 each and for your order, I'll probably need 8 bags...4 separate bags of livestock, double bagged. So under .50.

--AJ

14. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would be glad to kick in a little more to help cover and costs that weren't covered. Just let me know : )

15. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Robyn.  I'll let you know.  I think you already put a little extra in your PayPal payment so if there is any extra payment required, yours would be lower than most.  This is not a club subsidized buy and I'm doing all of the work for this in my own time.  I'm not trying to make a profit on this, just trying to do something nice for the members of the club.  That being said, I'm not going to take a loss on this and any extra expenses (which will be minimal) will be passed along.  I'm glad that we were able to get as many people as we did take advantage of this extraordinary pricing.
    --AJ

16. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I got the notification that everything will be shipped tomorrow as expected.

--AJ

17. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I got an e-mail from Key's tonight with an update...they were not able to collect everything from our order. Here's what they were not able to collect:

3 gold banded shrimp
    100 cerith
    3 coral banded shrimp
    65 redleg hermits
    1 pin urchin

In cases of the ceriths, I'll reduce everyone's orders by an equal percentage and reduce the order total. In other cases, I'll do a blind lottery. I'll work on this tonight and let you know how this changes your orders. Also, shipping was more than expected so that might mean that you end up owing an dollar or two at pickup. I'll communicate that to each of you via PM so there are no surprises.

--AJ

18. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Well, that sucks but at least they let us know ahead of time unlike the last place we ordered from...

-JB

19. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I guess that's the risk that you take when they collect on demand vs. stocking inventory.

--AJ

20. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The order is in and things look good! I'll be posting some pics of things as I took them out of the bags. The blue legs and ceriths are small...smaller than I was expecting. The large ceriths and blue legs are a nice size. The astras look awesome. Nice and large. The shrimp are a little on the small-ish side but are all in good health. The emeralds are all nice too. But for me, I was most impressed by the scarlets. They are absolutely gorgeous. Bright red legs with bright yellow on their bodies. Some are large and others are smaller so I'll try to give a mix of sizes for those who ordered them. There are some nice and large brittle stars and the serpents are medium sized. The ricordeas look like they are going to be nice. Almost all of them are on rock and nice sizes. Some look like they are three colored, but I'll have to wait for them to open up to check them out more. The colors look like they are going to be great. Overall, things looked very good. Pics are uploading now.
    To get an idea for size, the pics were taken in an ice cream bucket and I tried to leave the sides visible.
    Oh, and not everything has been taken out of the bags yet.  I'll get to the rest after work.

--AJ