1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Tank Build! Clay's 75 Gallon Build!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Deleted member 1172, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Deleted member 1172

Deleted member 1172 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Oh I'll be stopping by for sure!! I'd love to bring some snails too. As for the wife, that may be a little more difficult! Lol

2. Medic Wally

Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Hey everybody! Remember me? Reef Medic Clay? Well I'm back under a new name! Had to step away from the internet for a while after having some personal issues. I even had Bud delete my account. However, I couldn't stay away. Everything is a lot better now. Enough of all that though, yall wanna see my tank??

IMG_20200525_201903_716.jpg

3. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    Happy to see you again and that things are much better Clay!! The tank is looking good too! More corals...lol!

4. Medic Wally

Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Spongy!! Everything has been growing like crazy! I'm happy to be back on here.

5. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    Loving the bicolor monti! That's looking sa...weet!!

6. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0
    Glad to have you back Clay!

7. Medic Wally

Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Been absent from a lot of things as of late. However, the tank is still doing pretty good! Have a look!

20201019_133536.jpg

20201019_133654.jpg

20201019_133647.jpg

I'm not huge on the bare bottom look, so I'm hoping to have it all encrusted with various montipora colonies to jazz it up. Also, if you have Instagram and are interested on watching my build, my account is @131medicw on there. I tend to put more things on there than anywhere else. I'm not an influencer, not trying to get free stuff or clout. I just post pics of my tank, kitties, and garden.
    Anyway, thanks for looking!

Clay

8. Alex McG GIRS Member

Altoona, IA
    Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Looks good. Zoas grow well on ABS not sure if yours has that or just glass.

9. Roman Experienced Reefkeeper

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +321 / 3 / -0
    Looking great Clay!!

10. Medic Wally

Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Thanks guys! I do not have an ABS bottom though. The initial plan wasn't to have bare bottom, so I definitely didn't think about ABS at the time. However, it'll definitely be considered on all future builds going forward. Even if I don't go bare bottom, I'd like that extra reinforcement! The wife would like it even more so!

11. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    Indeed, corals are looking good! I've been absent too as busy with my mom passing away. Someday would like a nice piece of your grafted monti. It's going to look nice in a couple years with all the sps growth!

12. Medic Wally

Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Man Spongy, I'm sorry to hear about your mother. This year has been tough, so I can only imagine how hard losing her is. You have my condolences!

You can have some of that grafted monti no problem! It's getting to the point that I want to trim off some of it to let a couple other corals establish a little better. Thanks for your kind words!