1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Clams and SPS at Sea of Marvels

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by h2so4hurts, Mar 28, 2009.

1. h2so4hurts

h2so4hurts Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I stopped by Hung's shop today.  He's set up an SPS tank with some clams and nice looking corals. Definitely worth a look. 
    On a more sour note, one of his snail tanks is completely infested with red planaria.  Guess which tank my last cleaner crew came from.  Looks like I'll be dipping those in my pig wormer next time...

2. REEFer Madness

REEFer Madness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I was there about 2pm today back from the swap. I bought some bright yellow japanese polyps. Did you see that tank he broke by the shark tank? He tried to move it without taking the overflow piping out from the back and cracked it pretty bad.

3. h2so4hurts

h2so4hurts Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No, I didn't look that closely back there. I noticed the skimmer he had set-up wasn't running though. The clams looked really nice!

4. Anna

Anna Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Any idea what the prices were like on the SPS? Colonies or frags? I'm gonna have to go check it out!

Anna

5. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +399 / 6 / -0
    Clam is sweet but not for $200.00 a little over priced in my book. But if no one buys it and i work him for a month or so i bet i can get it for 150.00.LOL

-Bill

6. h2so4hurts

h2so4hurts Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    $200 for the clam?? He wasn't in and his kids didn't know the prices when I was there. I've actually have a scopas tang and a flame angel on hold there for about 2 months waiting to resolve my ich problem /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/tongue.gif He wasn't in, so I couldn't take them home to my QT. I'll stop in again today and ask for the pricing on the frags. I don't think they're going to be cheap /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/tongue.gif

7. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +399 / 6 / -0
    The key with hung is to ask the price and then say no thanks whin it to high. Then come back the next week and ask again and it will me cheaper.
    -Bill

8. h2so4hurts

h2so4hurts Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Usually I say I can get it on-line for half that price including shipping and he'll knock $30 or so off. He's in business to make money, but he'll deal. I do really like him though and supporting his shop. I'll gladly pay a couple extra bucks to keep him in business, just not $200 for a $100 clam /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/whistling.gif.

9. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +399 / 6 / -0
    I agree Hung is a good store owner and a nice guy. I go there all the time.