1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Looking to Buy CJ's Pink Eye Micro Frag.

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by DSPENCE, Oct 19, 2016.

1. I'm looking for a frag of this Micro, it's known as CJ's Pink Eye. Please let me know if you have a frag available and how much. Thank you.

Screen Shot 2016-10-19 at 2.56.09 PM.png

2. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    I think @Sponge@Sponge (Terri) in Marshalltown has some

3. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0
  4. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    Deb, I believe @Dave@Dave might have CJ's Micro. Unfortunately, I lost mine a few months ago....Sorry Craig:cry:

5. Is this a tough one to keep? I do great with other Micros (Acans) and Blastos...feed them lots-O-Mysis.....and they like my dirty water. o_O

Only know what the "C" is for. :)

6. Dave Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Des Moines Area
    Ratings:
    +450 / 1 / -0
    I do have it but the only frag I have done of it was for its namesake..who we got it from. I can let you know if I frag it again sometime.

As far as its hardiness, it has been an easy keeper and relatively fast grower for us (our colony probably has 50-60 heads). It has survived a "kalk incident", a tank transfer and a favia that killed 1/2 of it when I did a bozo move and put it too close forgetting its new neighbor had 6" sweepers.

7. Okay....Thank you.
    Those are some NASTY sweepers! Wouldn't be from a Pectinia would they?

8. Dave Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Des Moines Area
    Ratings:
    +450 / 1 / -0
    Favia. Our pectinia actually has pretty short sweepers.

9. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    CJ's Pink Eye was named after our own Craig Johnson! aka xroads:D

10. mattman319 SoManyTanks

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +93 / 0 / -0

image.jpeg

I have it, but would have to cut a frag of it. I have only cut this once. Would u want a fresh cut or for me to cut it and let it heal?

11. Thank you, would probably want to give it time to heal first or at least wait a couple of days until it starts expanding again, if you have room for it. I hate to stress the little creatures out too much and cutting it then changing set-ups is a lot, I think. That looks way different under the blue lights. Do you know how much you want for it?

12. mattman319 SoManyTanks

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +93 / 0 / -0
    It would b rather pricey as it was when I first bought it from Craig. I am in the middle of transitioning most of the LPS from the tank in the pic to another few tanks that will strictly house LPS. Let me get the move over and get it settled in then I will get back to you with size and price. Thanks.