1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Christmas Party/ Secert Frag swap

Discussion in 'Waterloo / Cedar Falls Area' started by DavidM199, Nov 17, 2009.

1. DavidM199

DavidM199 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    We are have our Christmas party and Secret Frag swap
    Dec. 11th
    Starting at 6pm
    David's place
    1320 Grant ave, Waterloo
    319-269-3192 for directions

lot of parking in the alley
    We will have a pot luck, so everyone sign up and tell what dish you will bring.
    Also everyone should bring a frag in a brown bag or something not clear.  We will then have a secret frag swap. (If you dont have any frags to bring just post here and someone should be able to and  help you out with one)
    This event is open to all members and their families
    We will be having Some raffle items at his event
    Here are the rules for the raffle:
    Must be a paying member
    Only 1 ticket per member, So every paying member gets an even chance at winning
    Must be present to win
    No spouses or children get tickets
    Raffle Items
    $50 gift card to foster and smith
    1 hydor koralia 3
    reef nutrition oyster eggs
    reef nutrition Artic-pods

List of what everyone is bring:
    David M- little weenies and meatballs, party mix, and drinks(bring your own beer if u want to drink)
    Adam P-
    Josh -
    Paul and the wife- Beer bead
    Trent- taco dip

2. adampottebaum

adampottebaum Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Please tell me we will be able to play pool at your place!

I'll be there! I'm not sure what I'll bring, but I'll be there! I had an idea on the secret frag swap though, we could put the frags in a clear bag with something over them so they don't know what they are. We could then trade bags once we know what's in them...

I accidentally fragged a nice coral today, I think I'll epoxy that to a plug and it should be starting to encrust by then(hope that doesn't spoil the suprise)!

3. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Adam you gotta bring those cheesy potatoes again.

I should be able to make it.

I can bring 2 kinds of deer sausage, cheese, crackers.

4. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Your place going to be big enough if we get 20-30 people david?

5. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Are you really going to use epoxy?  I've used epoxy to mount corals before and it usually kills them from the heat it creates while curing.

6. adampottebaum

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Damnit, I totally forgot it's the first weekend of deer hunting! I definitely did this for the anemone swap too /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/crazy.gif . I might just go second season this year! I don't want to have to screw it up again and have it changed, I should still be able to make this though. I need to have a yearly schedule made up or something!

I'll use superglue, i was just saying that to mean I'll mount them to the plugs.

7. adampottebaum

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    I just talked to my dad about going with the second season guys for deer hunting and he said their group is already full and it's with a bunch of people that suck to be around anyways. So I won't be there on Saturday /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/sad.gif Now if it was on a Sunday.... Haha, no I really don't want anyone to have to change it because of me AGAIN!

8. DavidM199

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Craig, I have two family rooms and the basement with the pool table so i think we can fit a lot of people in there if we get more than 30 people we could think having it at another place

9. waterfowler

waterfowler

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'll be there not sure what I will bring yet. I to ended up with some extra frags when I was finished placing them. I will have one to bring and no its not the Highlighter Acan sorry! I notest some died back on my cap when I used the epoxy but not any thing on the sps so I'm happy about that. I don't know why but I mounted one to a disk with epoxy guess it was getting late?

10. DavidM199

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    anyone else Planning on making the party?

11. adampottebaum

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    I'll be cleaning up from a long day of shooting deer at that time on Saturday. I wish more people would have wanted it on Sunday!

12. Don

Don

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I plan on coming. Not sure what dish will have to see what the wifey wants to cook up.

Looking forward to meeting and getting to know some members better.

13. paulk

paulk Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'll be there with the wife. We'll bring beer bread and dip. Would someone be able to help me out with a frag?

14. DavidM199

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It will be great to meet you all.

FYI I have a wii with Rockband(can also keep the kids busy) that we can play and a pool table too

Should be a great time

15. DavidM199

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just to let you all know!!

We will be having raffle items at this years Christmas party!!

Rules for Raffle:
    must be a paying member
    Only 1 ticket per member, So every paying member gets an even chance at winning
    must be present to win
    no spouses or children get tickets

I will keep you posted with the actual raffle items

16. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    My wife not so gently reminded me that it was my sons birthday, so I wont be able to make it either.

Craig

17. adampottebaum

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    UPDATE: I just got off the phone with David and we talked about the scheduling conflicts with this date. So far Josh, Don, Paul, and David were the only ones who said they could make it, while Me, Jeremy, and Craig couldn't. We think it would work best to change the date to a time that more people could make it.

We thought the Friday before the CR/IC party(December 11th) or the day after(Sunday) we originally planned(December 5th).

So can everyone chime in and let us know, for each of the dates, if they are available or not and which they prefer. Also, if anyone thinks a different date will work better, please let us know, we're trying to make this work for as many people in the area that we can.

-Adam

18. Don

Don

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately Saturdays are the only day of the week i don't work. I guess will have to see what works best for everyone else

19. paulk

paulk Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Any of the dates listed should work for me.

20. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    I can make it on the 11th or 12th