1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Cherokee, IA

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by cbort, Jul 31, 2009.

1. cbort

cbort Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Moving to Cherokee Iowa! any reefers over this way?

2. adampottebaum

adampottebaum Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I grew up in Granville, IA, about a half hour from there. There is NOTHING over that way! haha. Good luck...

3. snowman82

snowman82 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    woohoo atleast i wont be the only one out in the middle of no where :) good luck, its a small town isn't it? i love my small town living minus not having any conveniences.....but there is always beer when needed :)

4. cbort

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Damn i thought you were going to say that you lived in Cherokee! Ya it is small. Probably not a single reef tank in the entire town. /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/sad.gif

5. adampottebaum

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I can pretty much guarantee it's the only one in town. haha. I come through Cherokee when ever I go to Granville for anything, maybe I could stop by sometime and we could do some trading in the future? What kind of tank do you have? Any pics? I'll have to get some pics soon, but I don't have much to frag at the moment. Do you ever make it to CF?

Adam

6. cbort

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I don't get over that way very often. How far is it from Cherokee? I have tons of zoas/lps/GBTA's to trade. I have a couple threads in the photo section of my cubes.

7. cbort

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    http://greateriowareefsociety.org/Community/DiscussionForums/tabid/78/aff/6/aft/16801/afv/topic/Default.aspx

8. cbort

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    http://greateriowareefsociety.org/Community/DiscussionForums/tabid/78/aff/6/aft/14361/afv/topic/Default.aspx

9. adampottebaum

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Awesome, I didn't make the connection of you being the guy who posted all the zoas a while back. We are deffinately gonna have to do some trading/buying in the near future. It will probably be after August before I make it through though. I'll try to get some pics of my stuff sometime tonight after I eat.

When do you plan on moving to Cherokee? The closest s.w pet store to you that I know of is in Sheldon, IA. It's really small, but it does have about 10 tanks and fair priced salt. It was pretty close to Granville so I went there for salt when I moved my tank back home last summer, but I don't think you'd wanna go that far. There might be some in Storm Lake or Fort Dodge, but I doubt it...

10. cbort

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    cool, i do get over to Omaha often enough, and there are a lot of great stores over that way.

Anything you want just let me know and i will get it fragged and healing. I won't start my new job until the 24th of August, so i have a few weeks to move and get the tanks in place still! Is CF close to CR?

11. adampottebaum

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Yea you'll have to tell me what places are good to go to in Omaha, my girlfriend just finished her clinicals and starts working at the Nebraska Medical Center on Monday. I'm gonna be in Omaha to go to the River Riot concert in Council Bluffs the weekend of August 16th and I wanna stop at some pet stores while I'm there. CF is about an hour or so North of CR, I go there quite frequently. From Cherokee, you have to drive right by CF on the way to CR...

12. cbort

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    so how far is it from CF to Cherokee? There is a nice acrylic tank i wan to buy in CR

13. adampottebaum

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    From CF to Cherokee it's right at 3 hours, unless you drive like a sally....

14. adampottebaum

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Ok here's my tank:

http://greateriowareefsociety.org/tabid/78/afv/topic/aff/6/aft/16978/Default.aspx

If you want a couple more pics:
    http://s377.photobucket.com/albums/oo216/adampottebaum/Fish%20tank/

15. cbort

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I drive a bit too fast usually. :) Iowa is where i have racked up most of my 15 or so tickets! You tank looks great! As of right now i really really want to get into a larger cube. My dimensions i am looking at thus far have been narrowed down to a 48x48x24T or a 36x36x30T. I just can't decide. last time i went to a larger tank i just wasn't happy with it, but at the same time i didn't have as much funds to spend on it either. So i am very hesitant in upgrading! I have a custom glass shop lined up to make me either tank, but i have yet to pull the trigger.

Have you checked out linomareefs.com? That is the omaha website. Great bunch of guys and gals on there.