1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Chat

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Deleted member 46, Nov 28, 2007.

1. Deleted member 46

Deleted member 46 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Would anyone like to chat tonight around 8:30 on Kalkwasser.  I'd like to start running it with an auto top-off but not sure what all I need.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    awh shucks. i dont know anything about kalk but im going to join probably... i should probably learn a few things about it...

this brings up a good idea... if people have topics for chat if they posted them on say... this thread.... it would make the chats more productive...

3. Deleted member 46

Deleted member 46 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, It'll be good if someone shows thaaaat knows what they are talking about. Or else we could talk about how we'd like to know Ben.

That is a good idea setting times up for certain topics. I know someone suggested on another thread we could have meetings of sorts on chat too. I'd have to say the chat feature on our site could possibly be one of the best tools a reefer could have to gain knowledge quickly.

4. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Do you have any type of a controller that can switch things on or off depending on the value of your PH?

-JB

5. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I built my own kalk mixer with a bucket, two MJ's and two float valves. It is controller with an ACII. I don't think I can make it tonight.
    I would post my design on our DIY forum,  urrr ... if we had one./site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/hehe.gif

6. Deleted member 46

Deleted member 46 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    JB, No not yet. All I have so far is a couple dosing pumps, float switches and a couple solenoid valves.
    Thanks Ben

7. einsteins

einsteins Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would be happy to come in and help with that but tonight is not a good night for me.

Is there another time we could do it...
    Tomorrow eve might work for me...

eins

8. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    I will try to stop in & learn. I know Jason & Jeremy both are very knowledgeable on it. I dont think Jason has his net set up yet. Hopefully jeremy will pop in

9. Deleted member 46

Deleted member 46 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'd just like to thank everyone that showed up to chat last night.  I have a better understanding of Kalkwasser now.  I decided to do a 2 part through dosing pumps for the time being.  I have everything to do that at the moment.  Just going to run a float in my sump to control my dosing pumps on a timer.
    Thanks again Ben

10. einsteins

einsteins Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I checked here yeterday and no one confirmed the chat for last night so I didnt pop in...

Sorry I missed all of you...

ein

11. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    So what were the highlights of dosing with Kalk. I do it but would to know if I am doing anything drastically wrong.