1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Champ`s new 12g Aquapod.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by champ23, Oct 22, 2008.

1. champ23

champ23 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    /Portals/0/activeforums_Attach/12g4.jpg/Portals/0/activeforums_Attach/12g3.jpg/Portals/0/activeforums_Attach/12g2.jpg/Portals/0/activeforums_Attach/12g1.jpg/Portals/0/activeforums_Attach/12g.jpg

2. kgehrke

kgehrke Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I love the way they look right when they get set up. So clean and new.

3. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Looks like your off to a great start. Keep us posted on the progress!

4. champ23

champ23 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'll keep you all posted. This website has been a great help, I wouldn't be this far if it wasn't for Troy and BoBo's Fish Store, they've been a great help with everything. Thanks guys!

5. Garrett

Garrett Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I like the looks of the all in one tanks. What is your stocking plan?

6. champ23

champ23 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    a pair of small clowns, a clown goby, and sixline wrasse...then some snails, blue leg hermits and maybe a cleaner shrimp...not for sure yet with corals...thats just what i'm thinking right now, i'm open go suggestions.

7. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Looking good Champ. I'll post pics of mine...just got mine set up too.

8. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    BTW, is that a Hydor Nano on the side? I was considering getting one but I didn't know how big it would be inside such a small tank. It doesn't look too big. Also, if that were me, I would put the temp wire in the back somewhere. I like how that tank has the filter inputs from multiple areas...surface, middle and low. Nice setup.

9. champ23

champ23 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yeah, its a hydor koralia, it works great, and its perfect sized for our size of tank. i put the temp wire in the front until i knew the temp in the front, but now i'm going to move it to the back that i know it stays at 79 with the lights off and 80 with the lights on...the filter inputs are nice, the filter gets dirty pretty quick. cant wait to get fish and corals/anemonies.

10. Gered

Gered Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I have a 12g Nanocube and I am running 2 Koralia Nanos in mine currently.  I was running just one and that was fine but I had an extra and wanted to try seeing what the extra flow would do.  I havent seen any negatives from my fish or corals yet.  Oh and I am also running a maxi jet 1200 for the return pump so I have lots of movement of water.  Sorry to hijack your thread just thought I would put some input in on this sense I have the same tank.
    As far as what he said about the temp probe I would try sticking it in a back compartment also.  I have mine stuck in the first compartment.

11. kgehrke

kgehrke Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Nice stock list. Be sure to have intervals before adding each fish, except the clowns. If you add all of them at once you might have some issues. However if you just add one clown then add another later, the initial one will be territorial and try to kill the other one. Happened to me at least.

What kind of lighting do you have? If your planning on having an anemone you might want to consider adding more depending on what you have already.

In my previous aqua pod I noticed that it didn't skim the surface well. If you find that yours was like mine you can put plastic over the bottom two water inlets to the rear chambers. I also swapped the stock pump with a maxi jet 900 and loved it. They're way better than the stock ones. More flow, less heat.

That's all I can think of right now... lol Good luck!

12. champ23

champ23 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    thanks for the input, i'm also going to run the maxi jet 900, i'm going to get it tomorrow, i'm going to put a plastic inlet over the middle intake so it skims the bottom and top. for lighting i have a dual sunpaq daylight lamp (10,000k) and dual sunpaq actinic lamp (460nm), i might get the lighting upgrade for it. i will put the 2 clowns in together, then wait a month or so add a wrasse, then another month and add the goby (save up a little money). first i think i'll buy a cleanup crew, add the clowns then a couple coral for the clowns to take cover in...i also might buy a couple extra lbs of rock. And Gered its fine, you can post whatever, i like hearing how your tanks is coming along. you should create another link and post some pictures.