1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Caulerpa

Discussion in 'Waterloo / Cedar Falls Area' started by wolfman1973, Dec 12, 2008.

1. wolfman1973

wolfman1973 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i have had an ongoing problem with caulerpa in my tank for sometime now,and i know that there are steps i need to take in order to beat this bully!!! well i would just like to share what my newest fish(a fiji fox face rabbit fish)has done in just over a week in it's new home. the caulerpa was starting to grow every where and in one week with this fish,it has wiped out at least 75 percent of it.it has been a model citizen so far and has not bothered any of my corals,if anything it has helped them! well i just thought i would share this  so if anyone else out there has a problem with caulerpa and i know there are others, the fox face  has been knowin to eat some corals and has mixed results,but i really thing some of that has to be under feeding. so far(knock on wood) it is the best fish i have ever owned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Travis

Travis Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I never had trouble with my rabbit fish and he had a great personality.

3. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    You are lucky to get one that eats caulerpa, when i had my caulerpa infestation i tried a few of them and none of them would eat it.