1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Casey are you out there?

Discussion in 'Waterloo / Cedar Falls Area' started by xroads, May 26, 2008.

1. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0

I know the tornado came really close to your house.

If you need some help let us know.

Craig

2. Lee

Lee Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I bet he's helping out. Have you tried calling him?

3. ruggerkc Experienced Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

North Liberty , IA
    Ratings:
    +183 / 3 / -0
    Craig and Lee
    Thanks for your concerns. We were really lucky, i think every one of our nieghbors has damage, but not us. We had family camping here this weekend... 6 campers,31 people and 9 dogs. We had moved to the garage and were watching the west, we saw what looked like a black wall from ground to sky about a half mile away that looked like it was coming staight at our house. We all scrambled to the basement ( still 31 people and 9 dogs [​IMG]) hunkered down and got lucky. One of the guests has a good video that I will share when he sends it. It looks as though everyone of our nieghbors has damage, especially to the south. We had 4 Dunkerton firefighters camping and they took of right after it went through so I heard all about Dunk and drove out there today, there are a lot of rural home that are completley gone, it was horible I can't imagine what is going on in Parkersburgh.
    thanks again fot thinking of us
    casey
    Oh I did think about borrowing/ buying a generator, but CFU rocks, those guys were out here in the hail and lightning had us up and running at about 11PM.

4. Lee

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Glad you are alright. Seriously let me know if you need a hand helping out your neighbors or family in Dunkerton.

5. DavidM199

DavidM199 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    good to hear u are good casey. I was right out by u too at my inlaws. but dropped the fork and heading south in town. I cousins got hit bad in pakersburg, but have not seen pic yet, also I had a couple of more friends get leveled outside of new hartford. I spent the whole day digging thru piles of dry,wood,roof, trying to find photos and stuff for them.

6. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Im glad everyone is safe.

Could you imagine that thing going through the heart of Cedar Falls?

7. ruggerkc Experienced Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

North Liberty , IA
    Ratings:
    +183 / 3 / -0
    This is the video from our garage........

http://app4.websitetonight.com/projects/3/2/4/5/32459/uploads/100_0401.wmv

8. glaspie69

glaspie69 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    thats some crazy **** right there

9. Lee

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Does anyone else have trouble viewing the video? for some reason it crashed my computer.

10. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Worked for me that was pretty intense!