1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Calibrating Solution?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Phathead, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Phathead

Phathead Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I bought a new refractometer finally from foster and smith.  I forgot to get the calibrating solution but to my surprise it is on backorder until the 24th.  Does anyone have any extra or know where I can get some I am located in Cedar Rapids.  Can you use something else?

2. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I have some you can have and I'm in Marion.

-JB

3. Wenszoo

Wenszoo Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    the instructions for the one I won in the raffle said to use distilled water

4. BGreenlee

BGreenlee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By Wenszoo on 02/03/2008 9:47 AM
    the instructions for the one I won in the raffle said to use distilled waterPatrick
    I use the RO water for mine to quick check it. But it is a better option to go ahead and get the calibration solution http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=18717 as it is actually at the salinity level that you will be using the tool at.

5. slovan

slovan Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  6. Wenszoo

Wenszoo Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By BGreenlee on 02/03/2008 10:08 AM

Posted By Wenszoo on 02/03/2008 9:47 AM
    the instructions for the one I won in the raffle said to use distilled waterPatrick
    I use the RO water for mine to quick check it. But it is a better option to go ahead and get the calibration solution http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=18717 as it is actually at the salinity level that you will be using the tool at.
    Thanks for the info. I was just using what they suggested. if I would have known this I would have ordered some Friday when I ordered the pumps I ordered. I anybody orders anything from filterguys let me know.

7. Steph & Nick

Steph & Nick Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    we were talking about doing filterguys order for feb 23 cr meeting

8. Phathead

Phathead Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I'll be ordering later today or tomorrow morning from filterguys if anyone wants any. PM ME.