1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Calcium Reactor Gauges

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BGreenlee, Dec 16, 2007.

1. BGreenlee

BGreenlee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So what is everyone running for their calcium reactor gauges. I heard a lot of good things about the reef fanatic gauges so that is what I bought. Four months in to using them they are now leaking by the solenoid valve and do not fully shut off. The solenoid also hangs up occasionally. 
    Any suggestions on a different brand to purchase?
    Billy

2. slovan

slovan Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Sorry to hear about the problem, Billy.  I have heard good things about the regulator and solenoid from aquariumplants.com  I know one person(locally) who uses it and likes it a lot.  Do a search on RC and you will see a lot of positive comments about them.
    I am going to use an Elos regulator and solenoid for mine whenever I find the ambition to hook it up.  They're really new to the market here in the U.S. so there's not a lot of long-term data on them yet.  I guess I'll be one of the few guinea pigs... /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif  Here's what mine looks like.
    [​IMG]

3. BGreenlee

BGreenlee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That stuff just looks awesome sitting in a pile on the floor. They look like they have incredible quality on their products. I need to start thinking very seriously about switching over on several of their products.

4. covey

covey

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I've been running the Gen-X regulator for almost 2 years with out a problem. Well built chromed out and only $89. I haven't heard anyone else having issues with them either.

http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GEN-XCO2REG&Category_Code=co2units

Too bad PA is sold out of them right now.

5. covey

covey

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Don't buy a Milwaukee everyone seems to have issues with them.

6. BGreenlee

BGreenlee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By covey on 12/16/2007 10:21 PM
    I've been running the Gen-X regulator for almost 2 years with out a problem. Well built chromed out and only $89. I haven't heard anyone else having issues with them either.
    http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GEN-XCO2REG&Category_Code=co2units
    Too bad PA is sold out of them right now.
    I will take a look at that one. I have the old milwaukee that came with the reactor when I bought it, of course it shuts on and off, but the needle valve is a POS.
    Thanks Clayton.

7. covey

covey

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Everyone of the reviews on PA for the Milwaukee are bad and if you post it on RC you will get the same.

The gen-x reg doesn't come with a bubble counter. I ordered the AquaMedics bubble counter from there and that bubble counter is a leaky PITA so I stopped using it.

I noticed since on my reactor the CO2 input is so close to the intake of the pump you can hear the bubble count. Tiss......Tiss.....Tiss. So I don't even bother with the bubble counter anymore.

8. Travis

Travis Well-Known ReefKeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have a blueline reg/selenoid I have not even hooked up. You are welcome to come look at it.

9. BGreenlee

BGreenlee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By Travis on 12/17/2007 10:06 AM
    I have a blueline reg/selenoid I have not even hooked up. You are welcome to come look at it.Thanks Travis. I may do that. I have taken the solenoid apart and cleaned it up. I need to rethread the needle valve so it doesnt damage the solenoid and am going to try that. If that don't work I will give you a shout. The brass insert in the solenoid was a little corroded and making the shuttle stick.