1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Calcium Chloride ?`s

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Troy, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Troy

Troy Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok, I know I have asked for help on many of things, so here we go again.  I am starting to use a 2 part solution for dosing and 1 of the parts requires calcium chloride.  I was recommended to use DowFlake, which I now have, but after getting it was told to be careful due to the change in the ingredients.  So here is my delima....what should I be looking for?    I am seeing many Snow & Ice Melts that state pure calcium chloride such as Sam's Club, Excel, and then seen threads on Prestone, but haven't found that in the store.  I have thought about buying some but afraid to.  So, any help or suggestions would be great.  Thank you.

2. slovan

slovan Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  3. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I'm with Sone on this one, why chance it? Bulk Reef Supply is the way to go, that way you know you arent dumping anything toxic in your tank.

4. h2so4hurts

h2so4hurts Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I go to bulkreefsupply too... Can anyone suggest a good magnesium test kit? And where to buy it...

5. CyberJester

CyberJester Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By h2so4hurts on 11/26/2008 04:42 PM
    I go to bulkreefsupply too... Can anyone suggest a good magnesium test kit? And where to buy it...
    I like the elos test kits