1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Cakewalk Sonar

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by JB, Dec 2, 2007.

1. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I know this is a long shot, but does anyone have any experience using Cakewalk Sonar for recording music?
    -JB

2. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I've used it, but it's been awhile, i prefer adobe audition, or cubase.
    What are you trying to record?

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ive used... acid pro, fruity loops and protools...

but..pretty much...no for cakewalk... hah.

4. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I'm not trying to record anything myself, but my wife plays piano and sings and she's been trying to learn how record her own CD's via the computer. I bought her a copy of Cakewalk Music Creator 4 which I understand is a really stripped down version of Sonar.

Her problem is that she can play really good and sing really good, and she's OK with the computer, but she doesn't understand many of the terms and concepts associated with recording music like this. I'm just wondering if anyone out there has an idea of how she could get started learning the basics without getting too frustrated. Right now she's doing really good, I just don't want to see her get frustrated and quit because she can't make the software do what it needs to do.

-JB

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    honestly i think the easiest way to figure it out is to just kinda sit down and not try to record anything musically but more or less add tracks and just record like.. talking or something close to the computer... then you/she can see what its like to layer stuff.. if you were closer i would help you guys out but im not... maybe i can find a way to download it and write a little tutorial or something... maybe add some screen copies for a visual.. idk, i might not be able to find it

more or less she would add a track (probably) and then hit record for the track, go to the piano and play - come back, stop it. add another track (wearing headphones) and record on the second track along with the previous. on some programs youll have to check or uncheck tracks so you can/dont record over them.

6. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I have some Adobe Audition learning videos as well as the software if you are interested, its VERY good software and not really to hard to learn.