1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Buy/Sell/Trade - Club

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Derek34, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Derek34

Manchester, IA
    Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    I'm going to stand on my soap box here for a little bit so everybody bear with me. I know I for one would love to see more of the Buy/Sell/Trade postings going to the Club Buy/Sell/Trade forum first before going to the general public Buy/Sell/Trade forum. Or at the very least within the post indicate a price discount or something for club members. I would like us to be more conscientious of taking care of our club. If you are going to give something away for free, why not give paying members first crack at it? Membership should have meaning and it's largely up to us to create that meaning. It's up to us to help create incentive to join the club. More members means more revenue to do fun and educational club events, it could mean more sharable club equipment, and on and on. So lets start taking care of and rewarding our club and members while also welcoming new members! Stepping off the soap box now. Thanks!

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  2. Roman Experienced Reefkeeper

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +321 / 3 / -0
    I just recently sold my jellyfish tank to a now “New “ member who purchased a membership and received a nice 50 dollar discount for bring a paid member. I too believe that as a club we should do more to encourage people to become what I would like to maybe call a premium member instead of paid member. I believe that 20 dollars is a great value if you consider just the people I have had the pleasure of meeting through the club not to mention to be able to just help a neighbor out if you have a tank emergency or looking for that hard to find bulkhead on Saturday night because yours cracked and your lfs doesn’t have one or maybe a loaner heater or return pump. These are all things that I have contributed to local members when in need. Twenty dollars for club membership is probably going to be the best bang for your buck when it comes to this hobby.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  3. Jojo

Urbandale, IA
    Ratings:
    +23 / 1 / -0
    Agreed. I only post stuff in club forum.

4. M2R

Charles City
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I will do my best to start there as items become available locally. - :)

Thanks for the good deal Roman, I have it up and running, cycling right now. very cool tank.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0
    I like to start first on the club forum. Then after a few days or a week, post on the general for sale forum if everything has not sold.