1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Bulk Reef Supply and Ocean Wonders orders

Discussion in 'Des Moines & Ames Region' started by jtesdall, Mar 28, 2009.

1. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I am going to order from Bulk Reef Supply and Ocean Wonders Sunday or Monday if anyone wants to split shipping.

2. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Not trying to hijack the thread but has anyone ever ordered their reef chili? Results? Was thinking of getting some and maybe a few other things :)

3. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +614 / 2 / -0
    Joel - Who is Ocean Wonders??  I'm not familiar with them.  I did a google search and all I found was some Fischer Price toys.

4. gb387

gb387 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By jtesdall on 03/28/2009 11:16 PM
    I am going to order from Bulk Reef Supply and Ocean Wonders Sunday or Monday if anyone wants to split shipping.
    Joel...  do you still have a 1/4" float valve you want to sell?  If so I need an auto shut off valve for my ro/di water, its getting old cleaning up the overfill!  Thats really all I need, I will look a little more but think thats it.
    Jannet...  Ocean Wonders makes/sells coral fragging supplies

5. slovan

slovan Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By lordofthereef on 03/29/2009 01:41 AM
    Not trying to hijack the thread but has anyone ever ordered their reef chili? Results? Was thinking of getting some and maybe a few other things :)
    Reef chili is ok by itself.  However, I like to adding it to homemade food.

6. slovan

slovan Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By beckerj3 on 03/29/2009 07:03 AM
    Joel - Who is Ocean Wonders??  I'm not familiar with them.  I did a google search and all I found was some Fischer Price toys.
    Oceans Wonders is a GIRS sponsor who sells fragging supplies. :)  http://www.oceanswonders.com/home.html

7. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    No problem Brandon I will put one in my car and you can grab it sometime. You will want the auto shutoff valve as well or you waste water will continue to run down the drain.
    Here is one: http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/RO/DI-Filters-&-Systems-RO-Valves-and-Adaptors/c9_99/p481/Automatic-shutoff-valve/product_info.html
    You will also need a check valve.

8. gb387

gb387 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes.... I do want a auto shut off, I guess I will need a back flow preventer as well (didn't know I needed that).

So if you are going to order I would take:
    1 - Inline Check Valve
    1 - Auto Shut Off

Let me know how to pay/when.

9. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Do you have the extra tubing to pipe it? Actually that is cheaper locally at Lowes anyway. I will probably order tonight. I need new GFO and Mg soon.

10. gb387

gb387 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By jtesdall on 03/29/2009 09:51 AM

Posted By gb387 on 03/29/2009 09:45 AM
    Yes.... I do want a auto shut off, I guess I will need a back flow preventer as well (didn't know I needed that).
    So if you are going to order I would take:
    1 - Inline Check Valve
    1 - Auto Shut Off
    Let me know how to pay/when.
    Do you have the extra tubing to pipe it? Actually that is cheaper locally at Lowes anyway. I will probably order tonight. I need new GFO and Mg soon.
    I have tons of tubing and misc. fittings.  Let me know I will pick up at your office.