1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

BRS 2 part product change

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Waterrat41, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Waterrat41 Addicted Reefer GIRS Member

Des moines
    Ratings:
    +147 / 1 / -0
    I noticed today, looks like BRS cheapened the packaging on their 2 part products and hiked the price 30 percent. Most of the product in the old packaging shows out of stock.

2. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Interesting....

3. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Which products are you referring to @Waterrat41@Waterrat41? I see the 1-gallon-mix packages have new packing, but those look better than the old ones. The jugs are still available.

4. Waterrat41 Addicted Reefer GIRS Member

Des moines
    Ratings:
    +147 / 1 / -0
    They have 1 gallon and 7.5lb sizes in new packaging with the 7.5lb being equal to the old 1 gal powder canisters but at $26 instead of $20 and in a plastic/foil bag instead of a hard plastic(recyclable/reusable) jug . I'll agree, the new 1 gal mix package looks like it could be better packaging than the old but It went from $5 up to $7.
    I usually got the 1 gal bulk powder and liked the plastic jugs. They were great for long term storage and I reused the heck out of them for storing everything as well as using them for dosing containers. Their stock of larger soda ash in the old containers is gone, magnesium sulfide and phosphate show very low stock and all of the 2part complete packages show out of stock.
    I put in my order of calcium chloride to get me buy for a while and save a few bucks in case I'm right about what they are doing, I switched to F&S soda ash a while back as it seems to be an equal for brs, (didn't like F&S calcium) right now you can get a gal bucket of F&S soda ash for $14.
    Just though I'd throw that out there to see how everyone else saw that and if they saw it like I did maybe wanted to get in an order of old while it was still in stock.
    ...we'll see what happens

5. Waterrat41 Addicted Reefer GIRS Member

Des moines
    Ratings:
    +147 / 1 / -0
    What's left of the product in the old style packaging went on clearance discount yesterday. I just put in my order. Great prices on remaining stock to stock up!