1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Bought

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by red, Feb 9, 2018.

1. red

Marengo, IA
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    What are some things people bought and regretted buying after the fact. Coral, fish, equipment etc.

2. JackReef

Marion, Ia
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I regretted buying a niger trigger that I was told was reef safe. He was good for about 3 years and than he had a very expensive coral dinner. 10 times the cost of my most expensive meal!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Uh oh! Not good! Uh oh! Not good! x 1
    • List
  3. Roman Experienced Reefkeeper

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +321 / 3 / -0
    My first saltwater aquarium. Now it seems like the spending never ends!!!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  4. Maureen Experienced Reefkeeper

Urbandale, IA
    Ratings:
    +329 / 0 / -0
    Probably my tang who taught me the importance of quarantining all new fish! For that matter anything wet!

5. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    On this one, the niger I got (for a restaurant tank) was very aggressive and ate the green chromis that I put in there with it. You would see greenish flakes all over it's mouth and fewer and fewer chromis every day

6. Dave Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Des Moines Area
    Ratings:
    +450 / 1 / -0
    Engineer gobies. Bought 3 juveniles on impulse about 12 years ago (they are so cute when they are small!) and did no research. Had to practically tear the tank apart a year later to get those tunneling devils out!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. ShaneP Well Known Hawkfish

Williamsburg, IA
    Ratings:
    +126 / 0 / -0
    I remember thinking that some caulerpa would be nice in my tank when I first got into the hobby. I regretted that decision for years and years. It's mostly not a problem anymore, but occasionally I still see a runner coming from some unknown source just to remind me that it's still there.. Waiting..

8. Actuary Well-Known ReefKeeper

Adel, IA
    Ratings:
    +145 / 1 / -0
    I had a blue throat trigger do the exact same. It did get the chromis to school together though.. albeit in terror.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List