1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Blue Zoo Group Buy

Discussion in 'Waterloo / Cedar Falls Area' started by xroads, Apr 27, 2009.

1. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    I just finished getting the group buy set up.  Seems like a good company to work with.
    I tentatively have it set up to forward the order to them on Monday May 4th, with delivery on Thursday
    May 7th.  He said they monitor Fed Ex effeciency on  a daily basis.  He said their usual efffeciency is around 99%.  Occasionally they will have a problem & effeciency will drop into the 70% area.  When this happens they do not ship in order to save DOA's, our backup day will be Friday.
    Also he said if a specimen does not seem healthy at the time of the order it will be pulled.  I actually really like this as I would rather not get something I ordered rather then get it DOA, sick, or stressed.
    Discounts do not apply to sale items or lot orders.
    Payment will be made to me & I will put everything on my CC.  I would just as soon be paid when you pick it up so we dont have to pay paypal, however if you need to put it on your credit card my email address is Craigajohnston@hotmail.com.  We wont know the discount we are getting until the final order is in.  I am sure we will hit the $1000 mark (15% off), hopefully the $2000 mark which would be 20% off.
    You can pick up your items at my shop in waterloo, or at my house in La Porte City
    If you want something from the Collectors corner, I can email him at any time & have them hold them for us.
    This is basically the nicer stuff & WYSIWG.  I thought this was pretty cool of him.
    I will need the item number, price, description, quanity.
    Any questions?
    Craig

2. Elazar

Elazar Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    what the web site so i can look at there stuff

3. adampottebaum

adampottebaum Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Hey Craig, I changed my order a little bit because I got to thinking, I'm moving in June to a new place and I don't really wanna buy any really sensitive fishes with only a month til I move. Here's my order so far:

001965 $18.95 Green Mandarin Dragonet, Synchiropus splendidus, Large: over 2-3", Indo Pacific, Female
    003774 $ 9.95 Sexy Shrimp, Thor amboinensis, .25"-.75", Indo Pacific
    005193 $14.95 Yellow Polyps, Parazoanthus spp., Small: over 2.5-3", Bali
    004321 $19.95 Open Brain Coral-Green, Trachyphyllia geoffroyi, Tiny: up to 1", Jakarta
    007952 $61.95 WYSIWYG Flip Flop, it has my heart!, Tridacna maxima-H1, 1.5 INCHES

Can you please call Blue Zoo as soon as you can and confirm that they are holding this clam for me? Thanks a ton Craig!

Also, I might be adding to my order, you’ll understand in my next post.

4. adampottebaum

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Anyone want to split this coral with me? It's $69.95 and it has 4 big heads! It could easily be split in two for two 2 headed frags!

https://www.bluezooaquatics.com/productdetailcc.asp?did=11&cid=334&pid=2509

Let me know right away so I can have Craig call them and hold it.

5. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    it is

http://www.bluezooaquatics.com/

I emailed him to hold the clam

6. ruggerkc Experienced Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

North Liberty , IA
    Ratings:
    +183 / 3 / -0
    I am in for:

005330 Algae Clean-Up Crew, 25" GALLON
    $39.95

I would probably split it if someone needs anythnig.

7. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Blue clam in yours

8. wolfman1973

wolfman1973 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ok craig i am in for two 000231 blue strip pipe fish and five 003774 sexy shrimp=about $105. i just talked to the guy at blue zoo about getting a male and female blue strip and he was pretty sure they could do it. he asked me to have you email him on the pipes as you already know he wants to deal with just you when it comes time for the order. real nice guy,i talked to him for about 5 to 10 mins. thanks a bunch craig

9. tgauger

tgauger Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Craig, i would like...

001024 Strawberry Dottyback, 1"-2", Indo Pacific $12.95 qty-1
    002271 Yellowtail Blue Damselfish, .5"-1.5", Indo Pacific $4.95 qty- 2
    004419 Nassarius Snail, .25"-.5", Eastern Pacific $0.76 qty- 10
    005952 Onyx Nassarius Snail, .25"-.5", Western Atlantic $0.76 qty- 10
    003030 Six Line Wrasse, 1"-2.5", Indo Pacific $17.95 qty- 1

Thanks
    Trent

10. wolfman1973

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    sorry craig,here is a updated list

000231 $29.99 blue strip pipe fish Quantity 2 (one male and one female) i talked to them and they seemed pretty sure they could sex them)not the end of the world if they can't. i'll still take two

003774 $8.95 if 3 or more Sexy Shrimp, .25"-.75", Indo Pacific Quantity 5 i had some of these a few years back and they seem to do alot better if you get them in small groups and place them near an anemone!!!
    003287 $19.95 Tropical Abalone, 1"-2", Indo Pacific Quantity 1

11. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Ok we arent even close to $1000 yet so here is your preliminary totals with a 10% discount.

Adam $113.18
    KC $35.96
    Dan $116.64
    Trent $50.40

12. ruggerkc Experienced Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

North Liberty , IA
    Ratings:
    +183 / 3 / -0
    Come on Craig, you can fill the other $700? We have till monday right? I am pretty sure I will add alittle something.

later

13. adampottebaum

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Hey Craig, did you get me down for the Lobophyllia? That's another $69.95 on the order. It's in the WYSIWYG, so you'll need to email him and have him hold it.

https://www.bluezooaquatics.com/productdetailcc.asp?did=11&cid=334&pid=2509

007516 $69.95 Orange Striped Lobophyllia Lobophyllia spp. -C3 4.5 X 2 INCH

14. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Sorry man, I know you asked about splitting it, but not sure you wanted it, I will call him now.

15. wolfman1973

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i am shocked that only five people are interested on this group buy,maybe we should repost a group buy and see if anyone else wants anything.when casey first started this, ambergris caye(matt) looked like he was in so maybe we should post a last chance for this and see if there is anyone that wants something!

16. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Well we have until sunday night, I need to get the order to them on sunday morning.

17. adampottebaum

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    It's ok Craig, I thought I sent a message earlier saying I was going to for sure get that lobo, but I just looked and it must not have gone through. O well.

That is surprising that we only have 5 people in on it. We could tell some people from CR that we could meet them halfway if they wanted to order. Not sure how confusing that will make things.

18. matt1971 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Waterloo
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I'm still trying to decide... probably less than $100.

19. vikubz Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Falls
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Count me in.

I would like to get:

002540 Convict tang $37.95
    003774 Sexy shrimp $8.95

20. adampottebaum

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Hey Craig, I'm adding to my order. You can put me down for:

006930 (5+)$2.49 Ninja Star Snail, .75"-1.25", Indo Pacific (quantity 5; $12.45)